If you experience these warning signs repeatedly or in combination, they may indicate a hearing loss.
1. People seem to mumble more frequently.
2. You experience ringing in your ears.
3. You often ask people to repeat themselves.
4. Your family complains that you play the radio or TV too loudly.
5. You no longer hear normal household sounds, such as the dripping of a faucet or the ringing of a doorbell.
6. You have difficulty understanding a conversation when in a large group or crowd.
7. You have trouble understanding all the words in a conversation.
8. You find telephone conversation increasingly difficult.
9. You have trouble hearing when your back is turned to the speaker.
10. You have been told you speak too loudly.
Other interesting facts include 1 in 10 Americans have a hearing loss – more than 31,000,000 people. 29% of people over age 65 have a hearing loss. 3 in 10 people over 60 have hearing problems. 60% – the majority of people with hearing loss are male. 1 in 6 baby boomers (ages 41-59) have hearing problems. 65% of people with hearing loss are below retirement age.
To find out more, call or visit your nearest Beltone Hearing Care Center to schedule a hearing screening.