New ownership breathes life back into early 1900s structure —
“We’re honored to have been selected to renovate this piece of local history,” says Mark Williamson, President of Construction for Randolph Williamson. The company is currently renovating the Historic Train Depot in Fayetteville.
Situated in front of the highly visible “Welcome to Fayetteville” water tower on Highway 54 (250 East Lanier Avenue), the venue is under new ownership. Renovations will modernize the space while retaining some of its authentic charm, like the circa early 1900s large, solid wood barn-style sliding doors.
One of those original doors bears a piece of masking tape with a single word on it: “STAY.” Preserving it during demo was important. Beyond routine construction and reno work, Randolph Williamson’s team includes craftsmen. Senior Superintendent Ron Brown fabricated a new sliding barn door to match its historic counterpart. The twin-like results impress.
Work is currently under way. At its completion, both inside and out will be like new again. The outside area will be extended to include an open air deck measuring approximately 1,300 square feet. Originally constructed in 1902, the Depot was moved from its original location to where it now sits and has been renovated a couple of other times over the decades.
Once home to the City of Fayetteville’s Main Street offices and visitor welcome center, the Historic Train Depot is now under private ownership. The renovated 2,000 square foot space will reopen for use as an event center for small to medium-sized gatherings.
Construction is estimated for completion by the end of January 2021.
Randolph Williamson is a full-service commercial construction, development, real estate and property management firm headquartered in Peachtree City, Georgia. For more information on Randolph Williamson, visit RWCRE.net.