The Nov. 24 report by Ga. Department of Community Health (DCH) on Covid-19 cases in Fayette County long-term care facilities showed two new residents testing positive for the virus and one new staff case.
DCH since the initial days of the pandemic has tracked facilities statewide with one or more cases among residents and staff and the number of resident deaths and recoveries.
The Nov. 24 report now shows 10 Fayette County facilities with a total of 98 residents testing positive since the pandemic began, along with 20 resident deaths, 68 staff testing positive and 31 residents having recovered.
The Nov. 24 report showed Heartis Fayetteville with one new resident case of the virus, and at Somerby Peachtree City, one new resident case and one new staff case.
Covid-19 cases in long-term care facilities across Georgia in the Nov. 24 report showed the virus in 657 facilities. Of those, there were 17,049 residents testing positive, 2,873 resident deaths, 9,231 staff testing positive and another increase to 12,792 residents recovered.
As of Nov. 24, and across all population demographics, Georgia has seen 408,644 confirmed Covid-19-positive cases and 8,648 deaths.
Statewide, resident deaths in long-term care facilities rose slightly to 33.2 percent of all confirmed Covid-19 deaths, but down significantly from 46.2 percent on July 21.
While it should be noted that many of the numbers below have not changed in weeks, the DCH data pertaining to Fayette County for Nov. 24, and reflecting total numbers since the pandemic began, showed:
– Southland Health and Rehabilitation in Peachtree City has 101 residents, with 20 residents testing positive, three resident deaths, 15 staff testing positive and 17 residents recovered.
– Arbor Terrace in Peachtree City has 52 residents, with three residents testing positive, nine staff testing positive and three residents recovered.
– Ashley Glen Senior Living and Memory Care in Peachtree City has 58 residents, with three residents and three staff testing positive, and two residents recovered.
– Azalea Estates of Fayetteville (not listed since Nov. 10) has 80 residents and one staff testing positive.
– Condor Health Lafayette in Fayetteville has 107 residents, with 48 residents testing positive, 11 resident deaths and 11 staff testing positive.
– Gardens of Fayetteville (not listed since the Sept. 18 report) has 28 residents, with three residents testing positive, two resident deaths and one resident recovered.
– Heartis Fayetteville has 87 residents, with 13 residents testing positive, four resident deaths, 12 staff testing positive and seven residents recovered.
– Heritage of Peachtree in Peachtree City has 39 residents, with one resident testing positive and two staff testing positive.
– Hope Center Memory Care in Fayetteville, has 54 residents, with seven residents testing positive and six staff testing positive.
– Somerby Peachtree City has 88 residents, with two residents and five staff testing positive.