The Dec. 18 report by Ga. Department of Community Health (DCH) on Covid-19 cases in Fayette County long-term care facilities showed a cumulative total of 25 fatalities in 9 facilities. The current number of residents in LTC facilities is 656 persons, according to the DCH report.
The current Covid death toll among all Fayette residents is 65, all but two of them over the age of 50, according to the Georgia Department of Public Health. In fact, of the 65 fatalities, 49 are 70 and above, with 16 victims 69 or younger. The DPH shows Fayette with a death rate among 3,294 confirmed Covid cases of 1.97%.
Four of the listed facilities have not recorded any deaths related to Covid-19: Hope Center Memory Care in Fayetteville, Azalea Estates of Fayetteville, Arbor Terrace in Peachtree City, and Ashley Glen Senior Living and Memory Care in Peachtree City, according to the DCH report.
DCH since the initial days of the pandemic has tracked facilities statewide with one or more cases among residents and staff and the number of resident deaths and recoveries.
The Dec. 18 report now shows a total of 129 residents testing positive since the pandemic began — an infection rate of nearly 20% of the total Fayette LTC residential population — along with 50 staff testing positive.
One facility had the highest number of fatalities: Condor Health Lafayette in Fayetteville with a cumulative death toll of 11 residents resulting from the highest number of infections — 48 Covid cases out of 107 residents. Eleven Condor staff members also were infected since the pandemic beginning.
While it should be noted that many of the numbers in the reports below have not changed in weeks, the DCH data pertaining to Fayette County for Dec. 18, and reflecting total numbers since the pandemic began, showed:
• Arbor Terrace in Peachtree City has 50 residents, with 4 residents and 12 staff previously testing positive and 3 residents recovered. No deaths have been recorded there.
• Ashley Glen Senior Living and Memory Care in Peachtree City has 56 residents, with 3 residents and 4 staff previously testing positive, and two residents recovered. No deaths have been recorded there.
• Azalea Estates of Fayetteville has 83 residents, with 8 residents positive and 4 staff testing positive. No deaths have been recorded there.
• Condor Health Lafayette in Fayetteville has 107 residents, with 48 residents and 11 staff testing positive. There have been 11 residents’ deaths and no residents have recovered from Covid.
• Gardens of Fayetteville (not listed since the Sept. 18 report) had 28 residents, with 3 residents and 1 staff member testing positive. There were 2 resident deaths. (These data are not included in the Dec. 18 DCH list.)
• Heartis Fayetteville has 81 residents, with 13 residents testing positive and four resident deaths.
• Heritage of Peachtree in Peachtree City has 36 residents, with 9 residents and 3 staff testing positive and 7 residents recovered. There have been 5 resident deaths.
• Hope Center Memory Care in Fayetteville, has 54 residents, with 7 residents testing positive but no staff testing positive. There have been no deaths reported.
• Somerby Peachtree City has 90 residents, with 7 residents and 11 staff testing positive and 5 residents recovered. There have been 2 resident deaths reported.
• Southland Health and Rehabilitation in Peachtree City has 99 residents, with 20 residents and 16 staff testing positive, and 17 residents recovered. There have been 3 resident deaths reported.