The June 19 update by the Ga. Department of Community Health (DCH) tracking Covid-19 cases showed new resident death among long-term care facilities in Fayette County. The total number of deaths now stands at six. The new fatality came at Southland Health and Rehabilitation in Peachtree City, where a significant jump in cases was recently experienced.
DCH tracks facilities statewide with one or more cases among residents and staff and the number of resident deaths and recoveries.
The June 19 update showed seven Fayette County facilities with a total of 28 residents testing positive, six resident deaths, 20 staff testing positive and three residents recovered.
With Covid-19 now present in 451 long-term care facilities statewide, an increase of 12 facilities since June 16, the June 19 report showed increases to 6,591 residents testing positive, 1,182 resident deaths, 2,985 staff testing positive for the virus and 3,587 residents having recovered.
As of June 19, and across all population demographics, Georgia has seen 63,809 confirmed Covid-19-positive cases and 2,642 deaths.
Statewide, resident deaths in long-term care facilities now accounts for approximately 44.7 percent of all confirmed deaths from Covid-19.
The DCH data pertaining to Fayette County for June 19 shows:
• Southland Health and Rehabilitation in Peachtree City has 101 residents, with 20 residents testing positive, two resident deaths, eight staff testing positive and two residents recovered. On June 9, the totals at Southland showed nine residents testing positive, five staff testing positive and one resident recovered.
• Arbor Terrace in Peachtree City has 55 residents, with one resident testing positive and two staff testing positive.
• Ashley Glen Senior Living and Memory Care in Peachtree City has 55 residents, with three residents and two staff testing positive, and two residents recovered.
• Condor Health Lafayette in Fayetteville has 133 residents, with one staff testing positive.
• Gardens of Fayetteville has 30 residents, with two residents testing positive, two resident deaths and five staff testing positive.
• Heartis Fayetteville has 93 residents, with two residents testing positive, two resident deaths and two staff testing positive.
• Hope Center Memory Care in Fayetteville has 65 residents, with one staff testing positive.