The number of Covid-19 cases in Fayette County’s long-term care facilities continues to show no new cases or deaths. The same cannot be said across Georgia where numbers continue to slowly increase, with deaths in long-term care facilities accounting for nearly 49 percent of all Covid-19 deaths statewide.
An update on May 22 by the Ga. Department of Community Health (DCH) showed no new cases of Covid-19 in long-term care facilities in Fayette County. DCH tracks facilities statewide with one or more cases among residents and staff and the number of resident deaths.
The May 22 update again showed seven Fayette County facilities holding at nine residents testing positive, four resident deaths and 10 staff testing positive. That compares to the statewide total, where the number of cases and deaths increased since last week.
In 384 long-term care facilities statewide, the May 22 report showed 5,386 residents testing positive, 883 resident deaths and 2,282 staff testing positive for the virus.
As of May 23 at 9 a.m., and across all population demographics, Georgia has seen 42,132 confirmed Covid-19-positive cases and 1,811 deaths.
Statewide, resident deaths in long-term care facilities account for approximately 48.8 percent of all confirmed deaths from Covid-19.
As of May 22, 42 percent of Covid-19 deaths in the U.S. have occurred in nursing homes and assisted living facilities, according to freopp.org
In reality, that number is potentially higher given that more than a dozen states are not publicly sharing new cases or deaths, according to AARP.org
That said, data from DCH pertaining to Fayette County shows local numbers again holding steady. The numbers for May 22 show:
– Southland Health and Rehabilitation in Peachtree City has 112 residents, with one resident testing positive.
– Arbor Terrace in Peachtree City has 57 residents, with one resident testing positive and two staff testing positive.
– Ashley Glen Senior Living and Memory Care in Peachtree City has 49 residents, with three residents and two staff testing positive.
– Condor Health Lafayette in Fayetteville has 128 residents, with one staff testing positive.
– Gardens of Fayetteville has 31 residents, with two residents testing positive, two resident deaths and two staff testing positive.
– Heartis Fayetteville has 95 residents, with two residents testing positive, two resident deaths and two staff testing positive.
– Hope Center Memory Care in Fayetteville has 60 residents, with one staff testing positive.