A March 8 sting in Fayetteville involving alcohol sales to those underage, conducted by the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR), resulted in citations to employees at eight of the 21 alcohol sales locations checked.
Fayetteville Police Department spokesman Jeff Harris said detectives in cooperation with DOR’s Alcohol and Tobacco Division conducted the underage alcohol operation. A total of 21 establishments were checked.
The offending businesses included restaurants, a convenience store and a supermarket. Out of the 21 locations, eight underage alcohol purchases were made, he said.
DOR used a certified officer, who was under age 21, to make the purchases, Harris added.
The Fayetteville locations where underage purchases were made included:
• Kwickie/Flash Foods, located at 973 Ga. Highway 54 West
• Thai Jasmine, located at 955 Ga. Highway 54 West
• Village Cafe, located at 1240 Ga. Highway 54 West
• Olde Courthouse Tavern, located at 105 Suite B, South Glynn Street
• Oz Pizza, located at 107 East Stonewall Avenue
• Olive Garden, located at 1380 Ga. Highway 85 North
• Your Pie, located at 140 Pavilion Parkway
• Food Depot, located at 200 Banks Station
Harris said the citations were given to the employee selling to the underage officer, adding that those employees had their serving permit suspended.
The cited employees will have to appear in Fayetteville Municipal Court, Harris said.