The Divas Half Marathon and 5K being held in Peachtree City on Saturday, March 10 will feature both a 13.1 mile loop course and a 3.1 mile loop course starting and finishing at Shakerag Knoll using both city roads and the cart path.
The event will start at 7:15 a.m. with the 5K race, followed by the half marathon starting at 7:35 a.m.
All events will conclude no later than 11:30 a.m. The event will follow a rolling enclosure, which means that traffic will be affected for a short period starting about 15 minutes before the first runner enters a section and ending about 15 minutes after the last runner leaves that section.
Runners will be off most roads and on the cart path by 9:10 a.m. and Peachtree City safety officials will reopen the roads as soon as race operations cease. Certain sections of the cart paths will be affected from 8:10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and residents are asked find alternate path routes while runners are on the path.
Race officials have posted a detailed map of the race route, showing the times when runners will be in the different sections of the race route. However, the following is a summary of roads which will be affected by the route during the designated times:
• McIntosh Trail from Fishers Luck to Skiff Trace: 6 a.m. – 12 p.m.
• McIntosh Trail from Skiff Trace to S Peachtree Parkway: 6 a.m. – 8:10 a.m.
• McIntosh Trail from SOuth Peachtree Parkway to Robinson Road (westbound lane only): 7:30 a.m. – 8:15 a.m.
• Robinson Rd between McIntosh Trail and Crosstown Drive (southbound lane only): 7:15 a.m. – 8:25 a.m.
• Robinson Rd between Crosstown Drive and S Peachtree Parkway (southbound lane only): 7:40 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.
• Robinson Road between South Peachtree Parkway and Holly Grove Road (southbound lane only): 7:50 a.m. – 9:05 a.m.
• Holly Grove Road between Robinson Road and Aster Ridge Trail (southbound lane only): 7:55 a.m. – 9:15 a.m.
Further, there will be some additional delays on Cameron Trail at the cart path crossing from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and on McIntosh Trail at the cart path crossing just west of Robinson Road from 8:35 a.m. to 10:35 a.m., as runners will be crossing thru these areas during those times.
Race officials ask residents and businesses to follow the detours and instructions from race representatives to ensure a safe event for the participants and the residents. They also suggest planning an earlier start during those times to avoid delays. Residents can contact race organizers with any questions via email at email@example.com.
Please visit the Divas Half Marathon and 5K Series website at www.runlikeadiva.com for more information.