Grease on a stove said to be cause of Monday house fire


A residential fire on Brierwood Court near South Jeff Davis Drive in the early morning hours of Jan. 22 was quickly brought under control and resulted in no injuries, said Fayette County Deputy Fire Chief Tom Bartlett. Responding to the fire were five engines, two ladder trucks and multiple support units, Bartlett said. The cause of the fire was grease unattended on a stovetop, Bartlett said. The home was about 70 percent destroyed, he said. Photo/Fayette Fire and Emergency.