Fayetteville bowlers evacuate for brief fire; 2 treated

Bowling ball headed toward pins in lane. Stock photo.

An Oct. 15 fire in the laundry room at the Fayetteville Fun Bowl was quickly extinguished and resulted in two people being treated and released at the scene.

Fayetteville spokesman Danny Harrison said Fayetteville firefighters were dispatched at 2:54 p.m. Sunday to a structure fire at the bowling lanes located on North 85 Parkway.

Arriving on the scene three minutes later, firefighters located and extinguished a fire that was contained in the laundry room of the business, Harrison said.

“Occupants of the building were evacuated, one of whom was treated and released at the scene. A firefighter was also treated and released at the scene,” said Harrison.

Fayette County Department of Fire and Emergency Services provided assistance.

“Crews had to ventilate the structure to remove smoke,” said Fayetteville Fire Division Chief Keith Harris. “Damage was minimal and was limited to the room of origin.

Harris said the fire marshal’s office is investigating the fire, but at this point it seems to have been unintentional.

Harris said the business was shut down for the remainder of Sunday evening.