Local governments mostly want more of your tax money
Will increase tax:
• Fayetteville: 12.91 percent increase.
• Fayette County Board of Education: 9 percent increase.
• Coweta County Commission: 6.7 percent increase in cities, 8.6 percent increase in unincorporated areas.
• Coweta County Board of Education: 3.4 percent increase.
The jury is still out, uncertain:
• Peachtree City on July 20 proposed a small rollback with a tax hike of about 7 percent. But at the Aug. 3 meeting, staff recommended a full rollback, meaning no tax increase. Yet to be decided.
• Tyrone Town Council on Aug. 2 proposed a budget calling for a tax increase of 10.82 percent, Mayor Eric Dial said a rollback was also being considered. Yet to be decided.
Will roll back millage rate to produce no tax increase:
• Fayette County Commission, as announced June 27.