Home destroyed in fire, residents safe

Home destroyed in fire, residents safe

A grease fire Friday night at a Lisbon Road residence in south Fayette County resulted in a total loss of the home but no injuries to the residents.

Deputy Fire Chief Tom Bartlett said the fire call for 290 Lisbon Road near Ga. Highway 85 South was received at 7:59 p.m., with the first units arriving at 8:05 p.m.

The four residents self-evacuated, Bartlett said.

Bartlett said a grease fire on the stove extended to the cabinets and into the remainder of the home.  The home is a total loss, he said.

Bartlett said the Red Cross was contacted.