The Oct. 2 report by Ga. Department of Community Health (DCH) on Covid-19 cases in Fayette County long-term care facilities continued to show no new resident cases or deaths.
DCH since the initial days of the pandemic has tracked facilities statewide with one or more cases among residents and staff and the number of resident deaths and recoveries.
The Oct. 2 report showed eight Fayette County facilities with a total of 87 residents testing positive since the pandemic began, along with 20 resident deaths, 50 staff testing positive and 31 residents having recovered.
Covid-19 cases in long-term care facilities across Georgia in the Oct. 2 report showed the virus in 645 facilities, down two from last week. Of those, there were 14,430 residents testing positive, 2,525 resident deaths, 7,682 staff testing positive and 11,597 residents recovered.
As of Oct. 2, and across all population demographics, Georgia has seen 322,078 confirmed Covid-19-positive cases and 7,134 deaths.
Statewide, resident deaths in long-term care facilities decreased again to 35.4 percent of all confirmed Covid-19 deaths, down from 46.2 percent on July 21.
The DCH data pertaining to Fayette County for Oct. 2, and reflecting total numbers since the pandemic began, showed:
– Southland Health and Rehabilitation in Peachtree City has 103 residents, with 20 residents testing positive, three resident deaths, 15 staff testing positive and 17 residents recovered.
– Arbor Terrace in Peachtree City has 52 residents, with three residents testing positive, six staff testing positive and three residents recovered.
– Ashley Glen Senior Living and Memory Care in Peachtree City has 60 residents, with three residents and three staff testing positive, and two residents recovered.
– Azalea Estates of Fayetteville has 79 residents and one staff testing positive.
– Condor Health Lafayette in Fayetteville has 107 residents, with 48 residents testing positive, 11 resident deaths and 11 staff testing positive.
– Gardens of Fayetteville (not listed since the Sept. 18 report) has 28 residents, with three residents testing positive, two resident deaths and one resident recovered.
– Heartis Fayetteville has 90 residents, with 12 residents testing positive, four resident deaths, 10 staff testing positive and seven residents recovered.
– Hope Center Memory Care in Fayetteville (not listed since the Aug. 25 report) has 62 residents, with two staff testing positive.