2 new Covid-19 fatalities at Condor Lafayette and Heartis Fayetteville —
The Ga. Department of Community Health (DCH) July 17 update on long-term care facilities in Fayette County experiencing Covid-19 cases showed two new resident deaths, eight new residents testing positive and four new staff testing positive for the virus. The new increases occurred at Condor Health Lafayette in Fayetteville and Heartis Fayetteville.
DCH tracks facilities statewide with one or more cases among residents and staff and the number of resident deaths and recoveries.
The July 17 DCH data, showed one new resident death, three new residents testing positive and two new staff testing positive at Condor Health Lafayette.
At Heartis, there was one new resident death, five new residents testing positive and two new staff testing positive.
The July 17 update showed seven Fayette County facilities with a total of 72 residents testing positive, 13 resident deaths, 30 staff testing positive and eight residents recovered.
With Covid-19 continuing to increase in the number of long-term care facilities statewide, the July 14 report showed the virus in 564 facilities, up from 558 on July 14. Of those, there were 8,356 residents testing positive, 1,435 resident deaths, 4,126 staff testing positive and 4,959 residents recovered.
As of July 18, and across all population demographics, Georgia has seen 139,872 confirmed Covid-19-positive cases and 3,168 deaths.
Statewide, resident deaths in long-term care facilities now accounts for approximately 45.3 percent of all confirmed deaths from Covid-19.
The DCH data pertaining to Fayette County for July 17 shows:
– Southland Health and Rehabilitation in Peachtree City has 101 residents, with 20 residents testing positive, three resident deaths, nine staff testing positive and two residents recovered.
– Arbor Terrace in Peachtree City has 56 residents, with three residents testing positive, two staff testing positive and three residents recovered.
– Ashley Glen Senior Living and Memory Care in Peachtree City has 55 residents, with three residents and three staff testing positive, and three residents recovered.
– Condor Health Lafayette in Fayetteville has 122 residents, with 37 residents testing positive, five resident deaths and 10 staff testing positive.
– Gardens of Fayetteville has 29 residents, with four residents testing positive, two resident deaths and one resident recovered.
– Heartis Fayetteville has 93 residents, with eight residents testing positive, three resident deaths and five staff testing positive.
– Hope Center Memory Care in Fayetteville has 63 residents, with one staff testing positive.