An update on May 19 by the Ga. Department of Community Health (DCH) showed no new cases of Covid-19 in long-term care facilities in Fayette County.
DCH tracks facilities statewide with one or more cases among residents and staff and the number of resident deaths.
The May 19 update showed seven Fayette County facilities holding at nine residents testing positive, four resident deaths and 10 staff testing positive. That compares to the statewide total, where the number of cases and deaths increased since last week.
In 373 long-term care facilities statewide, the May 19 report showed 5,177 residents testing positive, 841 resident deaths and 2,147 staff testing positive for the virus.
As of May 20 at 9 a.m., and across all population demographics, Georgia has seen 38,889 confirmed Covid-19-positive cases and 1,684 deaths.
Statewide, resident deaths in long-term care facilities account for approximately 50 percent of all confirmed deaths from Covid-19.
Data from DCH pertaining to Fayette County showed:
– Southland Health and Rehabilitation in Peachtree City has 113 residents, with one resident testing positive.
– Arbor Terrace in Peachtree City has 57 residents, with one resident testing positive and two staff testing positive.
– Ashley Glen Senior Living and Memory Care in Peachtree City has 48 residents, with three residents and two staff testing positive.
– Condor Health Lafayette in Fayetteville has 132 residents, with one staff testing positive.
– Gardens of Fayetteville has 31 residents, with two residents testing positive, two resident deaths and two staff testing positive.
– Heartis Fayetteville has 92 residents, with two residents testing positive, two resident deaths and two staff testing positive.
– Hope Center Memory Care in Fayetteville has 60 residents, with one staff testing positive