Flat Rock Middle School student athlete Noelle Boyd was the recipient of “Noelle Boyd Day” honors for her stunning accomplishments at the Sept. 5 meeting of the Tyrone Town Council.
Noelle was joined by family members and her coach, Rex Willis, at the ceremony as Mayor Eric Dial read an astounding list of the young athlete’s accomplishments
The Flat Rock Middle School student is a 2018-19 A/B Honor Roll student and an English award winner. But that is just the beginning of Noelle’s accomplishments in her young life.
A sampling of her athletic accomplishments include:
• Two-time National Champion in the Pentathlon
• Three-time All-American in the Shot Put, 80-meter hurdles and the 800 meters
• Gold medal winner for the 60-meter dash and 400-meter and Silver medal winner for the 200-meter in Birmingham
• State champion in Shot Put, Silver medal winner in the 400-meter and Bronze winner in the 100-meter in Augusta this spring
• Gold medal winner at the state, regional and national meets at the USATF National Junior Olympics this summer
• Gold medal for the Pentathlon, 3rd Place in Shot Put, 5th Place in 80-meter hurdles and 8th Place in the 800-meter in Orlando at the AAU Club National.
The council and audience after hearing Noelle’s lengthy list of accomplishments gave her a standing ovation.
Noelle is a member of Favor House track and field program, which encourages a healthy lifestyle through the athletic discipline of Track and Field. The sport lends a unique opportunity for children to become more disciplined and physically active. These skills build character, self-esteem and leadership qualities for student athletes.