Panel discussions, picnic, roundtables, demonstrations, live music and more headline event at Camp Southern Ground
Fayette Woman is celebrating 200 issues at the second ever Fayette Woman LIVE on Saturday, Sept. 8, at Camp Southern Ground. To buy tickets, click here.
Join cover girls, readers, sponsors and supporters for a powerful day of connecting, sharing, and relating. Panel and roundtable discussions, demonstrations, entertainment, a picnic lunch, dancing and more are on the agenda.
Discussions will address many topics relevant to women, including heart health, cancer, aging, career, entrepreneurship, work-life balance, weight loss and fitness, parenting, mentoring, leadership, giving back, writing, car buying, empty nesting, goals… and more.
The American Business Women’s Association will be there, too, with a Gift Basket raffle raising funds for scholarships.
“We’re so excited about this event,” Joyce Beverly, publisher of Fayette Woman, says. “We like to think of Fayette Woman LIVE as a place where the magazine comes to life. The stories walk around and talk to you. They may even give you a hug.”
“Honestly, it’s hard for us to believe we’ve done this 200 times,” Beverly says, “We’re looking forward to celebrating this milestone with our team and all of the people who help make this possible.”
Piedmont Fayette Hospital is sponsoring the 200th Issue Celebration. Presenting sponsors are Cronic Automotive, Panasonic Automotive, and Heartis Fayetteville.
Premium sponsors include Ageless Wellness, Christian City, Eaton, Kristi Rapson & Associates, Salone Di Capelli, Southern Crescent Technical College, and The Women Health Specialists.
Community sponsors include Arise Counseling and Coaching, Art of Landscape, Campanile’s Home – Inside & Out, Coweta-Fayette EMC, Fayette Law Group, Mimi’s Good Food, ProHealth Physical Therapy and Pilates Studio, Renewal @ Beautiful Additions and State Farm Agent Mark Gray.
Doors open at 9:30 a.m. Panel and roundtable discussions begin at 10. “The fun will begin as soon as you get there,” Beverly promises.
The day’s festivities include a picnic lunch, live entertainment, demos, panel and roundtable discussions, hands-on activities and more from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
“From moms to entrepreneurs to retirees, there is something for everyone at this event,” Beverly says.
Entertainment will include Kennis Geistweite, Hunter Callahan, and Kavanagh Porter Irish Dance Academy. Fayette Woman gardening writer Bonnie Helander and Jenny Bigham, owner of Dunaway Gardens, are bringing a Creative Fall Containers workshop. My Chef Nancy will be presenting a “DIY Meal Kit” demonstration. And Kristi Rapson will show us how to “Stage a Home to Sell — or Love!”
A beauty station, presented by Salone Di Capelli, is expected to be a highlight of the event. Attendees will have the opportunity to receive hair and makeup consults, mini-facials, tutorials and more.
In addition, Smith and Davis fit specialists will be at the event with their Gait Analysis Machine. Ticket-holders can get a free consult and find out which shoes are best to manage or prevent foot problems. They will bring a limited inventory of shoes to sell as well.
Many topics of interest will be addressed in panel and roundtable discussions available from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., including:
• The Heart of the Matter: Lowering Your Risk for the #1 Killer of Women — Barbara Conlan, NP, Lauren Fyock, RN, Mary McFarland, Dr. Jyoti Sharma; moderator Vicki Turner.
• Cancer: The Things We Don’t Talk About — Dr. William Cook, Dr. Mitzie-Ann Davis; moderator Debbie Britt.
• Fit & Trim: Journey to a Healthier You — Linda Faulkner, NP, Lauren Fyock,RN, Ytrevias Crittenden-Seymour, NP; moderator Jill Prouty
• Secrets to Career Success, From Successful People You Know — Stephen Childs, Vanessa Johnson, Ling-Ling Nie, Dr. Alvetta Thomas; moderator Dr. Adrienne Johnson
• Entrepreneurship: Is it Time to Be Your Own Boss? — Delores Epps, Maria Hall, Dana Lamb-Schaubroeck, Tammy Williams, Alice Reeves; moderator Peggy Thomas.
• Work-Life Balance: What is That? — Tina George, Wanda Cronic-Howell, Connie Jones, Maggie Laton; moderator Pam Reid.
• Taking Care of Mom and Dad (And Yourself!) — Mirna Coeur, Jane Finch, Shwan Morawsky, Kristi Rapson, Keith Spencer; moderator Patti Kadkhodaian.
• Mommy Mayhem: Trade the Chaos for Calm — Lakisha Bonner, Karen Gillespie, Kristy Van Meter, Heather Ward; moderator Dr. Bisa Lewis.
• Career Challenges in a Man’s World — Kristie Anderson, Sheri Hagan, Aria Williams; moderator Mandy Timmons.
• The “Heart of the Community” will feature exhibits and hands-on activities from nonprofits including The 70273 Project, AVPRIDE, Bloom, Breast Cancer Support Network, BlueSky, Fayette Care Clinic, Grandparents and Kin Raising Children, Midwest Food Bank, Phenomenal Women’s Health, OMG, Real Life Center, Southside Support, and Wo Ye Bra.
• Kindness Rocks will also give attendees the opportunity to paint rocks at the celebration as well.
“It is profoundly validating to see people and businesses come together to celebrate the amazing women in this community,” Beverly says. “We hope you’ll be there too!”
For tickets, visit 2018fayettewomanlive.eventbrite.com. Watch for more information on Fayette Woman’s Facebook page, @fayettewoman.