The Dec. 1 report by Ga. Department of Community Health (DCH) on Covid-19 cases in Fayette County long-term care facilities showed 10 new residents testing positive for the virus, one new resident death and 12 new staff cases in the past week.
DCH since the initial days of the pandemic has tracked facilities statewide with one or more cases among residents and staff and the number of resident deaths and recoveries.
The Dec. 1 report showed 10 Fayette County facilities with a total of 108 residents testing positive since the pandemic began, along with 21 resident deaths, 80 staff testing positive and 31 residents having recovered.
The Dec. 1 report showed one new resident case of the virus at Arbor Terrace in Peachtree City; one new staff case at Ashley Glen Senior Living and Memory Care in Peachtree City; six new resident cases along with one resident death and six new staff cases at Heritage of Peachtree in Peachtree City; and three new resident cases and five new staff cases at Somerby Peachtree City.
Covid-19 cases in long-term care facilities across Georgia in the Dec. 1 report showed the virus in 665 facilities. Of those, there were 17,573 residents testing positive, 2,923 resident deaths, 9,560 staff testing positive and another increase to 13,164 residents recovered.
As of Dec. 1, and across all population demographics, Georgia has seen 424,929 confirmed Covid-19-positive cases and 8,798 deaths.
Statewide, resident deaths in long-term care facilities rose slightly to 33.7 percent of all confirmed Covid-19 deaths, but down significantly from 46.2 percent on July 21.
While it should be noted that many of the numbers below have not changed in weeks, the DCH data pertaining to Fayette County for Dec. 1, and reflecting total numbers since the pandemic began, showed:
– Southland Health and Rehabilitation in Peachtree City has 101 residents, with 20 residents testing positive, three resident deaths, 15 staff testing positive and 17 residents recovered.
– Arbor Terrace in Peachtree City has 52 residents, with four residents testing positive, nine staff testing positive and three residents recovered.
– Ashley Glen Senior Living and Memory Care in Peachtree City has 57 residents, with three residents and four staff testing positive, and two residents recovered.
– Azalea Estates of Fayetteville (not listed since Nov. 10) has 80 residents and one staff testing positive.
– Condor Health Lafayette in Fayetteville has 107 residents, with 48 residents testing positive, 11 resident deaths and 11 staff testing positive.
– Gardens of Fayetteville (not listed since the Sept. 18 report) has 28 residents, with three residents testing positive, two resident deaths and one resident recovered.
– Heartis Fayetteville has 85 residents, with 13 residents testing positive, four resident deaths, 12 staff testing positive and seven residents recovered.
– Heritage of Peachtree in Peachtree City has 36 residents, with seven residents testing positive, one resident death and eight staff testing positive.
– Hope Center Memory Care in Fayetteville, has 54 residents, with seven residents testing positive and six staff testing positive.
– Somerby Peachtree City has 90 residents, with five residents positive and 10 staff testing positive.