The Dec. 8 report by Ga. Department of Community Health (DCH) on Covid-19 cases in Fayette County long-term care facilities showed one new resident death and two new staff cases in since last week.
DCH since the initial days of the pandemic has tracked facilities statewide with one or more cases among residents and staff and the number of resident deaths and recoveries.
The Dec. 8 report now shows 10 Fayette County facilities with a total of 128 residents testing positive since the pandemic began, along with 23 resident deaths, 86 staff testing positive and 31 residents having recovered.
The Dec. 8 report showed one new resident death at Somerby Peachtree City and two new staff cases of the infection at Azalea Estates of Fayetteville.
Covid-19 cases in long-term care facilities across Georgia in the Dec. 8 report showed the virus in 663 facilities. Of those, there were 18,106 residents testing positive, 2,973 resident deaths, 9,882 staff testing positive and another increase to 13,540 residents recovered.
As of Dec. 8, and across all population demographics, Georgia has seen 452,369 confirmed Covid-19-positive cases and 9,027 deaths.
Statewide, resident deaths in long-term care facilities decreased slightly to 32.9 percent of all confirmed Covid-19 deaths, but down significantly from 46.2 percent on July 21.
While it should be noted that many of the numbers below have not changed in weeks, the DCH data pertaining to Fayette County for Dec. 8, and reflecting total numbers since the pandemic began, showed:
– Southland Health and Rehabilitation in Peachtree City has 99 residents, with 20 residents testing positive, three resident deaths, 15 staff testing positive and 17 residents recovered.
– Arbor Terrace in Peachtree City has 51 residents, with four residents testing positive, nine staff testing positive and three residents recovered.
– Ashley Glen Senior Living and Memory Care in Peachtree City has 57 residents, with three residents and four staff testing positive, and two residents recovered.
– Azalea Estates of Fayetteville has 83 residents, with eight residents positive and four staff testing positive.
– Condor Health Lafayette in Fayetteville has 107 residents, with 48 residents testing positive, 11 resident deaths and 11 staff testing positive.
– Gardens of Fayetteville (not listed since the Sept. 18 report) had 28 residents, with three residents testing positive, two resident deaths and one staff recovered.
– Heartis Fayetteville has 83 residents, with 13 residents testing positive, four resident deaths, 13 staff testing positive and seven residents recovered.
– Heritage of Peachtree in Peachtree City has 36 residents, with 17 residents testing positive, two resident death and nine staff testing positive.
– Hope Center Memory Care in Fayetteville, has 54 residents, with seven residents testing positive and six staff testing positive.
– Somerby Peachtree City has 90 residents, with seven residents testing positive, one resident death, 11 staff testing positive and two residents recovered.