The Nov. 20 report by Ga. Department of Community Health (DCH) on Covid-19 cases in Fayette County long-term care facilities showed one new resident and three new staff testing positive for the virus.
DCH since the initial days of the pandemic has tracked facilities statewide with one or more cases among residents and staff and the number of resident deaths and recoveries.
The Nov. 20 report now shows 10 Fayette County facilities with a total of 96 residents testing positive since the pandemic began, along with 20 resident deaths, 67 staff testing positive and 31 residents having recovered.
The Nov. 20 report showed Arbor Terrace in Peachtree City with one new staff case of the virus, while Heritage of Peachtree had two new staff cases. Somerby Peachtree City had one new resident case.
Covid-19 cases in long-term care facilities across Georgia in the Nov. 20 report showed the virus in 659 facilities. Of those, there were 16,946 residents testing positive, 2,834 resident deaths, 9,134 staff testing positive and another increase to 12,721 residents recovered.
As of Nov. 20, and across all population demographics, Georgia has seen 399,407 confirmed Covid-19-positive cases and 8,591 deaths.
Statewide, resident deaths in long-term care facilities remained at 32.9 percent of all confirmed Covid-19 deaths, down significantly from 46.2 percent on July 21.
While it should be noted that many of the numbers below have not changed in weeks, the DCH data pertaining to Fayette County for Nov. 20, and reflecting total numbers since the pandemic began, showed:
– Southland Health and Rehabilitation in Peachtree City has 103 residents, with 20 residents testing positive, three resident deaths, 15 staff testing positive and 17 residents recovered.
– Arbor Terrace in Peachtree City has 52 residents, with three residents testing positive, nine staff testing positive and three residents recovered.
– Ashley Glen Senior Living and Memory Care in Peachtree City has 60 residents, with three residents and three staff testing positive, and two residents recovered.
– Azalea Estates of Fayetteville (not listed since Nov. 10) has 80 residents and one staff testing positive.
– Condor Health Lafayette in Fayetteville has 107 residents, with 48 residents testing positive, 11 resident deaths and 11 staff testing positive.
– Gardens of Fayetteville (not listed since the Sept. 18 report) has 28 residents, with three residents testing positive, two resident deaths and one resident recovered.
– Heartis Fayetteville has 87 residents, with 12 residents testing positive, four resident deaths, 12 staff testing positive and seven residents recovered.
– Heritage of Peachtree in Peachtree City has 39 residents, with one resident testing positive and two staff testing positive.
– Hope Center Memory Care in Fayetteville, has 54 residents, with seven residents testing positive and six staff testing positive.
– Somerby Peachtree City has 88 residents, with one resident and four staff testing positive.