The Nov. 17 report by Ga. Department of Community Health (DCH) on Covid-19 cases in Fayette County long-term care facilities showed one new resident and four new staff testing positive for the virus. Those came at two facilities, Heritage of Peachtree City and Somerby Peachtree City, that had not seen any cases of Covid-19 since reporting began.
DCH since the initial days of the pandemic has tracked facilities statewide with one or more cases among residents and staff and the number of resident deaths and recoveries.
The Nov. 17 report now shows 10 Fayette County facilities with a total of 95 residents testing positive since the pandemic began, along with 20 resident deaths, 64 staff testing positive and 31 residents having recovered.
There were two new additions to the Nov. 17 list. Those include Heritage of Peachtree City with one resident testing positive, and Somerby Peachtree City with four staff testing positive.
Covid-19 cases in long-term care facilities across Georgia in the Nov. 17 report showed the virus in 657 facilities. Of those, there were 16,751 residents testing positive, 2,801 resident deaths, 9,245 staff testing positive and another increase to 12,538 residents recovered.
As of Nov. 17, and across all population demographics, Georgia has seen 391,446 confirmed Covid-19-positive cases and 8,496 deaths.
Statewide, resident deaths in long-term care facilities decreased to 32.9 percent of all confirmed Covid-19 deaths, down significantly from 46.2 percent on July 21.
While it should be noted that many of the numbers below have not changed in weeks, the DCH data pertaining to Fayette County for Nov. 17, and reflecting total numbers since the pandemic began, showed:
– Southland Health and Rehabilitation in Peachtree City has 105 residents, with 20 residents testing positive, three resident deaths, 15 staff testing positive and 17 residents recovered.
– Arbor Terrace in Peachtree City has 51 residents, with three residents testing positive, eight staff testing positive and three residents recovered.
– Ashley Glen Senior Living and Memory Care in Peachtree City has 60 residents, with three residents and three staff testing positive, and two residents recovered.
– Azalea Estates of Fayetteville (not listed since Nov. 10) has 80 residents and one staff testing positive.
– Condor Health Lafayette in Fayetteville has 107 residents, with 48 residents testing positive, 11 resident deaths and 11 staff testing positive.
– Gardens of Fayetteville (not listed since the Sept. 18 report) has 28 residents, with three residents testing positive, two resident deaths and one resident recovered.
– Heartis Fayetteville has 88 residents, with 12 residents testing positive, four resident deaths, 12 staff testing positive and seven residents recovered.
– Heritage of Peachtree in Peachtree City has 40 residents, with one resident testing positive.
– Hope Center Memory Care in Fayetteville, has 54 residents, with seven residents testing positive and six staff testing positive.
– Somerby Peachtree City has 93 residents, with four staff testing positive.