The Oct. 23 report by Ga. Department of Community Health (DCH) on Covid-19 cases in Fayette County long-term care facilities showed five new resident cases in one facility. The report continues to show no new resident deaths.
DCH since the initial days of the pandemic has tracked facilities statewide with one or more cases among residents and staff and the number of resident deaths and recoveries.
The new data showed five new resident cases at Hope Center Memory care in Fayetteville.
The Oct. 23 report showed eight Fayette County facilities with a total of 94 residents testing positive since the pandemic began, along with 20 resident deaths, 59 staff testing positive and 31 residents having recovered.
Covid-19 cases in long-term care facilities across Georgia in the Oct. 23 report showed the virus in 638 facilities, down six from a week ago. Of those, there were 15,270 residents testing positive, 2,617 resident deaths, 8,142 staff testing positive and 11,617 residents recovered.
As of Oct. 23, and across all population demographics, Georgia has seen 349,605 confirmed Covid-19-positive cases and 7,808 deaths.
Statewide, resident deaths in long-term care facilities decreased again to 33.5 percent of all confirmed Covid-19 deaths, down significantly from 46.2 percent on July 21.
The DCH data pertaining to Fayette County for Oct. 23, and reflecting total numbers since the pandemic began, showed:
– Southland Health and Rehabilitation in Peachtree City has 99 residents, with 20 residents testing positive, three resident deaths, 15 staff testing positive and 17 residents recovered.
– Arbor Terrace in Peachtree City has 52 residents, with three residents testing positive, seven staff testing positive and three residents recovered.
– Ashley Glen Senior Living and Memory Care in Peachtree City has 58 residents, with three residents and three staff testing positive, and two residents recovered.
– Azalea Estates of Fayetteville has 80 residents and one staff testing positive.
– Condor Health Lafayette in Fayetteville has 107 residents, with 48 residents testing positive, 11 resident deaths and 11 staff testing positive.
– Gardens of Fayetteville (not listed since the Sept. 18 report) has 28 residents, with three residents testing positive, two resident deaths and one resident recovered.
– Heartis Fayetteville has 87 residents, with 12 residents testing positive, four resident deaths, 12 staff testing positive and seven residents recovered.
– Hope Center Memory Care in Fayetteville, has 54 residents, with seven residents testing positive and six staff testing positive.