It is good news again this week, in terms of long-term care facilities in Fayette County experiencing cases of Covid-19. The Sept. 22 report by Ga. Department of Community Health (DCH) continued to show no new cases of the virus in residents or staff and no new resident deaths.
DCH since the initial days of the pandemic has tracked facilities statewide with one or more cases among residents and staff and the number of resident deaths and recoveries.
The Sept. 22 report showed eight Fayette County facilities with a total of 87 residents testing positive since the pandemic began, along with 20 resident deaths, 49 staff testing positive and 31 residents having recovered.
Covid-19 cases in long-term care facilities across Georgia in the Sept. 22 report showed the virus in 641 facilities, down from 645 a week ago. Of those, there were 14,121 residents testing positive, 2,478 resident deaths, 7,387 staff testing positive and 10,894 residents recovered.
As of Sept. 22, and across all population demographics, Georgia has seen 308,221 confirmed Covid-19-positive cases and 6,677 deaths.
Statewide, resident deaths in long-term care facilities continues to hold at 37.1 percent of all confirmed Covid-19 deaths, down from 46.2 percent on July 21.
The DCH data pertaining to Fayette County for Sept. 22, and reflecting total numbers since the pandemic began, showed:
– Southland Health and Rehabilitation in Peachtree City has 103 residents, with 20 residents testing positive, three resident deaths, 15 staff testing positive and 17 residents recovered.
– Arbor Terrace in Peachtree City has 51 residents, with three residents testing positive, five staff testing positive and three residents recovered.
– Ashley Glen Senior Living and Memory Care in Peachtree City has 58 residents, with three residents and three staff testing positive, and two residents recovered.
– Azalea Estates of Fayetteville has 79 residents and one staff testing positive.
– Condor Health Lafayette in Fayetteville has 107 residents, with 48 residents testing positive, 11 resident deaths and 11 staff testing positive.
– Gardens of Fayetteville has 28 residents, with three residents testing positive, two resident deaths and one resident recovered, per the Sept.18 report.
– Heartis Fayetteville has 90 residents, with 12 residents testing positive, four resident deaths, 10 staff testing positive and seven residents recovered.
– Hope Center Memory Care in Fayetteville (not listed since the Aug. 25 report) has 62 residents, with two staff testing positive.