The only change in cases of Covid-19 among residents and staff at long-term care facilities in Fayette County showed one new resident recovery in the Aug. 25 report by Ga. Department of Community Health (DCH). Additionally, the number of deaths in long-term care facilities as a percentage of total Covid-19 deaths statewide continues to decline.
DCH since the initial days of the pandemic has tracked facilities statewide with one or more cases among residents and staff, and the number of resident deaths and recoveries.
The Aug. 25 report showed eight Fayette County facilities with a total of 87 residents testing positive since the pandemic began, along with 19 resident deaths, 44 staff testing positive and 31 residents having recovered.
The resident recovery listed Aug. 25 came at Arbor Terrace in Peachtree City.
Covid-19 cases in long-term care facilities across Georgia in the Aug. 25 report showed the virus holding in 630 facilities. Of those, there were 12,563 residents testing positive, 2,149 resident deaths, 6,334 staff testing positive and 8,175 residents recovered.
As of Aug. 25, and across all population demographics, Georgia has seen 258,354 confirmed Covid-19-positive cases and 5,262 deaths.
Statewide, resident deaths in long-term care facilities now accounts for a continued drop to 40.8 percent of all confirmed Covid-19 deaths, down from 41.7 percent on Aug. 21, 42.2 percent on Aug. 18, 42.9 percent on Aug. 14, 45.2 percent on July 28 percent and down from 46.2 percent on July 21.
The DCH data pertaining to Fayette County for Aug. 25, and reflecting numbers since the pandemic began, showed:
– Southland Health and Rehabilitation in Peachtree City has 100 residents, with 20 residents testing positive, three resident deaths, 13 staff testing positive and 17 residents recovered.
– Arbor Terrace in Peachtree City has 50 residents, with three residents testing positive, five staff testing positive and three residents recovered.
– Ashley Glen Senior Living and Memory Care in Peachtree City has 57 residents, with three residents and three staff testing positive, and two residents recovered.
– Azalea Estates of Fayetteville has 76 residents and one staff testing positive.
– Condor Health Lafayette in Fayetteville has 107 residents, with 48 residents testing positive, 11 resident deaths and 11 staff testing positive.
– Gardens of Fayetteville (not listed in the report since Aug. 4) has 29 residents, with four residents testing positive, two resident deaths and one resident recovered.
– Heartis Fayetteville has 91 residents, with 12 residents testing positive, three resident deaths, 10 staff testing positive and seven residents recovered.
– Hope Center Memory Care in Fayetteville has 62 residents, with two staff testing positive.