Cases of Covid-19 among residents and staff at long-term care facilities in Fayette County showed only one new resident testing positive in the Aug. 21 report by Ga. Department of Community Health (DCH).
The facilities were ravaged earlier in the pandemic, leading to 19 deaths of Fayette long-term care residents. That is 54% of the current Covid-19 death toll of 35, as of Aug. 22.
DCH since the initial days of the pandemic has tracked facilities statewide with one or more cases among residents and staff and the number of resident deaths and recoveries.
The Aug. 21 report showed eight Fayette County facilities with a total of 87 residents testing positive since the pandemic began, along with 19 resident deaths, 44 staff testing positive and 30 residents having recovered.
The single new case of a resident testing positive for the virus was at Heartis Fayetteville.
Covid-19 cases in long-term care facilities across Georgia in the Aug. 21 report showed the virus now in 630 facilities. Of those, there were 12,260 residents testing positive, 2,085 resident deaths, 6,166 staff testing positive and 7,831 residents recovered.
As of Aug. 21, and across all population demographics, Georgia has seen 249,630 confirmed Covid-19-positive cases and 4,998 deaths.
Statewide, resident deaths in long-term care facilities now accounts for approximately 41.7 percent of all confirmed Covid-19 deaths, down from 42.2 percent on Aug. 18, 42.9 percent on Aug. 14, 45.2 percent on July 28 percent and down from 46.2 percent on July 21.
The DCH data pertaining to Fayette County for Aug. 21, and reflecting numbers since the pandemic began, showed:
– Southland Health and Rehabilitation in Peachtree City has 101 residents, with 20 residents testing positive, three resident deaths, 13 staff testing positive and 17 residents recovered.
– Arbor Terrace in Peachtree City has 55 residents, with three residents testing positive, five staff testing positive and two residents recovered.
– Ashley Glen Senior Living and Memory Care in Peachtree City has 57 residents, with three residents and three staff testing positive, and two residents recovered.
– Azalea Estates of Fayetteville has 75 residents and one staff testing positive.
– Condor Health Lafayette in Fayetteville has 107 residents, with 48 residents testing positive, 11 resident deaths and 11 staff testing positive.
– Gardens of Fayetteville (not listed in the report since Aug. 4) has 29 residents, with four residents testing positive, two resident deaths and one resident recovered.
– Heartis Fayetteville has 91 residents, with 12 residents testing positive, three resident deaths, 10 staff testing positive and seven residents recovered.
– Hope Center Memory Care in Fayetteville has 64 residents, with two staff testing positive.