Long-term care facilities in Fayette County experiencing Covid-19 cases showed no new cases or deaths among residents in the Aug. 4 report by Ga. Department of Community Health (DCH), though it did show four new cases of staff testing positive.
DCH since the initial days of the pandemic has tracked facilities statewide with one or more cases among residents and staff and the number of resident deaths and recoveries.
Pertaining to the four new cases of staff testing positive for the virus, two were at Heartis Fayetteville, and one each at Arbor Terrace of Peachtree City and Southland Health and Rehabilitation in Peachtree City.
The Aug. 4 update showed seven Fayette County facilities with a total of 86 residents testing positive since the pandemic began, along with 19 resident deaths, 42 staff testing positive and 28 residents having recovered.
Covid-19 cases in long-term care facilities statewide in the Aug. 4 report showed the virus in 602 facilities. Of those, there were 10,241 residents testing positive, 1,713 resident deaths, 5,132 staff testing positive and 6,339 residents recovered.
As of Aug. 4, and across all population demographics, Georgia has seen 197,948 confirmed Covid-19-positive cases and 3,921 deaths.
Statewide, resident deaths in long-term care facilities now accounts for approximately 43.7 percent of all confirmed deaths from Covid-19, down from 45.2 percent on July 28 percent and down from 46.2 percent on July 21.
The DCH data pertaining to Fayette County for Aug. 4, and reflecting numbers since the pandemic began, showed:
– Southland Health and Rehabilitation in Peachtree City has 102 residents, with 20 residents testing positive, three resident deaths, 13 staff testing positive and 16 residents recovered.
– Arbor Terrace in Peachtree City has 54 residents, with three residents testing positive, five staff testing positive and three residents recovered.
– Ashley Glen Senior Living and Memory Care in Peachtree City has 59 residents, with three residents and three staff testing positive, and two residents recovered.
– Condor Health Lafayette in Fayetteville has 107 residents, with 48 residents testing positive, 11 resident deaths and 11 staff testing positive.
– Gardens of Fayetteville has 29 residents, with four residents testing positive, two resident deaths and one resident recovered.
– Heartis Fayetteville has 93 residents, with 11 residents testing positive, three resident deaths, 10 staff testing positive and six residents recovered.
– Hope Center Memory Care in Fayetteville has 62 residents, with one staff testing positive.