The July 21 update from the Ga. Department of Community Health (DCH) on long-term care facilities in Fayette County experiencing Covid-19 cases showed six new resident deaths, 11 new residents testing positive and five new staff testing positive for the virus. The new increases in resident deaths and residents testing positive occurred at Condor Health Lafayette in Fayetteville.
DCH tracks facilities statewide with one or more cases among residents and staff and the number of resident deaths and recoveries.
The July 21 update showed seven Fayette County facilities with a total of 83 residents testing positive, 19 resident deaths, 35 staff testing positive and eight residents recovered.
With Covid-19 continuing to increase in the number of long-term care facilities statewide, the July 21 report showed the virus in 582 facilities, up from 564 on July 17. Of those, there were 8,785 residents testing positive, 1,503 resident deaths, 4,487 staff testing positive and 5,153 residents recovered.
As of July 21, and across all population demographics, Georgia has seen 148,988 confirmed Covid-19-positive cases and 3,254 deaths.
Statewide, resident deaths in long-term care facilities now accounts for approximately 46.2 percent of all confirmed deaths from Covid-19.
The DCH data pertaining to Fayette County for July 21 shows:
– Southland Health and Rehabilitation in Peachtree City has 103 residents, with 20 residents testing positive, three resident deaths, 10 staff testing positive and two residents recovered.
– Arbor Terrace in Peachtree City has 56 residents, with three residents testing positive, four staff testing positive and three residents recovered.
– Ashley Glen Senior Living and Memory Care in Peachtree City has 57 residents, with three residents and three staff testing positive, and two residents recovered.
– Condor Health Lafayette in Fayetteville has 107 residents, with 48 residents testing positive, 11 resident deaths and 11 staff testing positive.
– Gardens of Fayetteville has 29 residents, with four residents testing positive, two resident deaths and one resident recovered.
– Heartis Fayetteville has 92 residents, with eight residents testing positive, three resident deaths and six staff testing positive.
– Hope Center Memory Care in Fayetteville has 58 residents, with one staff testing positive.