1 new death, 5 new cases reported July 14 —
The Ga. Department of Community Health (DCH) July 14 update on long-term care facilities in Fayette County experiencing Covid-19 cases showed one new resident death, three new residents testing positive and two new staff testing positive for the virus. With the exception of one new staff testing positive, all the new increases occurred at Condor Health Lafayette in Fayetteville.
DCH tracks facilities statewide with one or more cases among residents and staff and the number of resident deaths and recoveries.
The July 14 DCH data, showed one new resident death, three new residents testing positive and one new staff testing positive at Condor Health Lafayette. There was also one new resident testing positive at Southland Health and Rehabilitation in Peachtree City.
The July 14 update showed seven Fayette County facilities with a total of 64 residents testing positive, 11 resident deaths, 26 staff testing positive and eight residents recovered.
With Covid-19 continuing to increase in the number of long-term care facilities statewide, the July 14 report showed the virus in 558 facilities, up from 543 on July 10. Of those, there were 8,147 residents testing positive, 1,394 resident deaths, 3,961 staff testing positive and 4,963 residents recovered.
As of July 14, and across all population demographics, Georgia has seen 123,963 confirmed Covid-19-positive cases and 3,054 deaths.
Statewide, resident deaths in long-term care facilities now accounts for approximately 46.6 percent of all confirmed deaths from Covid-19.
The DCH data pertaining to Fayette County for July 14 shows:
• Southland Health and Rehabilitation in Peachtree City has 101 residents, with 20 residents testing positive, three resident deaths, nine staff testing positive and two residents recovered.
• Arbor Terrace in Peachtree City has 55 residents, with three residents testing positive, two staff testing positive and three residents recovered.
• Ashley Glen Senior Living and Memory Care in Peachtree City has 55 residents, with three residents and three staff testing positive, and two residents recovered.
• Condor Health Lafayette in Fayetteville has 122 residents, with 34 residents testing positive, four resident deaths and eight staff testing positive.
• Gardens of Fayetteville has 29 residents, with four residents testing positive, two resident deaths and one resident recovered.
• Heartis Fayetteville has 92 residents, with three residents testing positive, two resident deaths and three staff testing positive.
• Hope Center Memory Care in Fayetteville has 63 residents, with one staff testing positive.