The July 2 update by the Ga. Department of Community Health (DCH) on long-term care facilities experiencing Covid-19 cases in Fayette County showed one new case of a resident and one new staff testing positive for the virus.
The total number of resident deaths in seven long-term care facilities in Fayette County remains unchanged at seven. The new resident testing positive came at the Gardens of Fayetteville, while the new staff testing positive was at Ashley Glen in Peachtree City.
DCH tracks facilities statewide with one or more cases among residents and staff and the number of resident deaths and recoveries.
The July 2 update showed seven Fayette County facilities with a total of 29 residents testing positive, seven resident deaths, 21 staff testing positive and four residents recovered.
With Covid-19 again increasing its presence in long-term care facilities statewide, the July 2 report showed the virus in 503 facilities. Of those, there were 7,159 residents testing positive, 1,273 resident deaths, 3,250 staff testing positive and 4,183 residents recovered.
As of July 3, and across all population demographics, Georgia has seen 90,493 confirmed Covid-19-positive cases and 2,856 deaths.
Statewide, resident deaths in long-term care facilities now accounts for approximately 44.6 percent of all confirmed deaths from Covid-19.
A review of the data over time shows the numbers at facilities in Fayette County have held relatively steady for weeks, while the numbers statewide continue to increase.
The DCH data pertaining to Fayette County for June 19 shows:
– Southland Health and Rehabilitation in Peachtree City has 99 residents, with 20 residents testing positive, three resident deaths, eight staff testing positive and two residents recovered.
– Arbor Terrace in Peachtree City has 55 residents, with one resident testing positive and two staff testing positive.
– Ashley Glen Senior Living and Memory Care in Peachtree City has 56 residents, with three residents and three staff testing positive, and two residents recovered.
– Condor Health Lafayette in Fayetteville has 137 residents, with one staff testing positive and one resident recovered.
– Gardens of Fayetteville has 31 residents, with three residents testing positive, two resident deaths, five staff testing positive and one resident recovered.
– Heartis Fayetteville has 93 residents, with two residents testing positive, two resident deaths and two staff testing positive.
– Hope Center Memory Care in Fayetteville has 64 residents, with one staff testing positive.