The June 16 update by the Ga. Department of Community Health (DCH) tracking Covid-19 cases in the state’s long-term care facilities showed one new resident death in Fayette County, bringing the total to five in a nursing home setting. The new death came at Southland Health and Rehabilitation in Peachtree City, where a significant jump in cases occurred recently.
DCH tracks facilities statewide with one or more cases among residents and staff and the number of resident deaths and recoveries.
The June 16 update showed seven Fayette County facilities with a total of 27 residents testing positive, five resident deaths, 19 staff testing positive and three residents recovered.
With Covid-19 now present in 439 long-term care facilities statewide, the June 16 report showed increases to 6,413 residents testing positive, 1,144 resident deaths, 2,943 staff testing positive for the virus and 3,587 residents having recovered.
As of June 16, and across all population demographics, Georgia has seen 59,078 confirmed Covid-19-positive cases and 2,529 deaths.
Statewide, resident deaths in long-term care facilities now accounts for approximately 45 percent of all confirmed deaths from Covid-19. That figure represents a slight decrease from previous weeks.
The DCH data pertaining to Fayette County for June 16 shows:
• Southland Health and Rehabilitation in Peachtree City has 102 residents, with 19 residents testing positive, one resident death, seven staff testing positive and one resident recovered. On June 9, the totals at Southland showed nine residents testing positive, five staff testing positive and one resident recovered.
• Arbor Terrace in Peachtree City has 55 residents, with one resident testing positive and two staff testing positive.
• Ashley Glen Senior Living and Memory Care in Peachtree City has 54 residents, with three residents and two staff testing positive, and two residents recovered.
• Condor Health Lafayette in Fayetteville has 135 residents, with one staff testing positive.
• Gardens of Fayetteville has 30 residents, with two residents testing positive, two resident deaths and five staff testing positive.
• Heartis Fayetteville has 92 residents, with two residents testing positive, two resident deaths and two staff testing positive.
• Hope Center Memory Care in Fayetteville has 65 residents, with one staff testing positive.