The Fayette County Public Library will reopen Monday, May 18, 2020. Your safety is top priority. Patrons will notice the following safety measures and some temporary operational changes since closing on the afternoon of March 16 due to the coronavirus.
- Tempered protective glass has been installed at the circulation desks, social distancing reminder signs have been posted and staff will wear face mask/face covering and gloves.
- Body temperature checkpoints have been implemented before entering the library. Patrons with a temperature of 100.4 or greater will not be allowed into the county buildings and will be encouraged to seek medical attention.
- No more than 25 patrons allowed in the building at one time – do not leave children unattended in the library.
- One person or one family in the restrooms at one time.
- One-hour computer use per day.
- The library’s public spaces are sanitized daily and after patron use.
- To help minimize risk to our patrons and staff, our curbside pickup service will continue.
- Some services will be reduced temporarily in some areas; the meeting rooms will be available starting August with social distancing guidelines.
While the library was closed to the public, the epic team completed so many projects including:
- Inventorying over 57,000 items
- Having all the rugs thoroughly cleaned
- Laundering the stuff animals
- Cleaning the toys
- Answering patron’s calls and emails
- Issuing digital library cards
- Completing online courses and earning certifications
The book returns were open and those items will remain in quarantine for one week after being returned. The library continues to serve patrons with online resources, storytime and book discussion virtually.
Here is the library’s adjusted hours of operations.
Temporary Reduced Hours
May 18-23: Monday-Friday: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., Saturday: Closed
May 25: Closed for Memorial Day
May 26-30: Tuesday-Friday 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. – 12 noon
June 1-6: Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. – 12 noon
Regular Hours Resume June 8
Monday- Thursday: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Friday – Saturday: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
For more information please call the library at 770-461-8841.