The Dottie Fuqua Women’s Heart Support Network started at Piedmont Atlanta Hospital and expanded to Piedmont Fayette, thanks to generous donations from Fayetteville resident and Piedmont Foundation Board Member Vicki Turner. The program further expanded to hire a full-time program coordinator and began serving Piedmont Newnan thanks to a grant from the Cigna Foundation. Piedmont’s Women’s Heart Program focuses on prevention, clinical care, and support to reduce heart disease among women and promotes long-term heart health and wellness. In order to help you attain optimal health, the Women’s Heart Support Network has many free online events and ongoing classes available, which may be particularly helpful during this time of high stress and lifestyle changes due to COVID-19.
- “Values-Driven Life” will take place Thursday, Apr. 23 at 3:30 p.m. Join program coordinators Avril James and Robin Raflo for an interactive discussion on values—your heart’s desire for your highest good.
- At 11 a.m. on Saturday, Apr. 25, aesthetician Kristin Ballentine will lead “Skin+Body+Balance,” an interactive discussion on the importance of caring for your skin—your largest organ system—for total wellness.
- “Organization from the Inside Out” will take place Friday, May 1, at noon. The class will focus on thriving during quarantine with emotional structure. This session will be presented by professional organizer Carrie Peeples, founder of Neatsmart.
- On Sunday, May 3, at 4 p.m., Penny Conlan will lead “Energetic Self-Care.” Learn how to bring your body into heart/brain coherence and learn breath work.
- “Crochet to Calm,” will take place Saturday, May 9 at 11 a.m. Learn the basics of crocheting as a form of artistic expression and stress management. Some supplies are required. The list is available with registration).
There are also two ongoing classes offered. Guided Meditation is offered Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m. Participants will learn about body scans, diaphragmatic and spinal breathing, and anchoring into silence. No prior experience required. Register here.
Gentle yoga is offered on Wednesdays at 6 p.m. Participants will learn gentle seated chair postures, standing postures, minimal floor work, and guided relaxation. No prior experience required.
Learn more about The Women’s Heart Support Network and these free programs, as well as register, at www.piedmont.org/womensheartsupport.