Do your patients or clients have Medicare questions or concerns? Heartis Fayetteville is partnering with Georgia Cares for a Medicare Open Enrollment event on Thursday, October 31, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
GeorgiaCares will be on the Heartis campus, 936 W. Lanier Ave., Fayetteville, with its mobile technology truck, ready to assist seniors with their plans, cost, and choices for 2020’s Open Enrollment.
GeorgiaCares is a public-private partnership, administered by the Georgia Department of Human Services (DHS) Division of Aging Services (DAS). GeorgiaCares provides free, unbiased and factual information and assistance to Medicare beneficiaries and their caregivers with health and drug plans. GeorgiaCares is the State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) for Georgia.
GeorgiaCares helps people with Medicare understand their benefits and make informed decisions about health care options.
- GeorgiaCares counseling services are free.
- GeorgiaCares provides non-biased opinions.
- GeorgiaCares is not affiliated with any insurance company.
- GeorgiaCares does not sell or solicit any type of insurance.
- GeorgiaCares counselors can help people with Medicare:
- Understand your health plan choices
- Enroll in a Medicare plan that meets your needs
- Review Medicare Summary Notice(s)
- Review Explanation of Benefits
- Sort through medical bills and assist in filing Medicare claims and appeals
- Help you apply for financial assistance programs to reduce Medicare out-of-pocket expenses
The free event is open to the public. For more information, contact Heartis’ Community Relations Director, Pat Jackson, at 770-461-2555.