PTC house fire causes significant losses, no injuries



A July 26 fire at a residence at 301 The Enclave off Kedron Drive in Peachtree City resulted in no injuries, but left the home a 50 percent loss. The fire is believed to have started from an extension cord used to charge a golf cart.

Peachtree City Fire Department spokesman Ron Mundy said the fire call came at 8:39 p.m., with the first unit on scene at 8:43 p.m. The fire was under control at 9:33 p.m.

Mundy said firefighters arrived to find heavy involvement in the garage and the bonus room above the attic. The fire had broken through to the roof, Munday added.

Once the major portion of the fire was knocked-down, firefighters went inside and extinguished what remained of the blaze, said Munday.

The only person at home at the time of the fire was a teenage resident and the family dog. Mundy said no one from the home and no firefighters were injured in the blaze. He said the teen smelled smoke and called 911.

The home was a 50 percent loss, said Mundy, adding that there were no fire or heat detectors in the garage.

The homeowners have a gofundme account set up at

Mundy noted that investigators believe the fire was caused by an extension cord being used to charge a golf cart.

All American manufacturers prohibit using an extension cord to charge a golf cart, Mundy said.

Mundy suggested that homeowners use a “rate of rise” detector that detects sudden changes in temperature.