Basement fish fryer catches on fire, destroys north Fayette home Sunday

0
59
A house fire on Cartwright Pass on Nov. 12 caused significant damage and likely left the home a total loss. There were no injuries reported. Photo/ Fayette County FES.

No one was injured in a Nov. 12 house fire on Cartwright Pass near Westbridge Road that likely left the home a total loss.


Above, a house fire on Cartwright Pass on Nov. 12 caused significant damage and likely left the home a total loss. There were no injuries reported. Photo/ Fayette County FES.


Deputy Fire Chief Tom Bartlett said the house fire occurred at 860Cartwright Pass at approximately 8 p.m.

Bartlett said the homeowner, the single occupant at the residence, was cooking fish in a fish fryer in the basement and left the fryer unattended. The oil continued to heat and subsequently caught fire, Bartlett said.

Bartlett said the homeowner and his dog escaped the flames uninjured, adding that there were no injuries to firefighters.

Bartlett said the home was likely a total loss.