Whitewater High School’s annual talent show on Oct. 2 was a fun-filled evening of something for everyone. Twenty-eight acts entertained the audience with talents such as singing, dancing, dramatic presentations and several multi-piece bands.
“It was a fun evening of great entertainment for the audience and a chance for Whitewater’s many talented students to shine,” said Clayton Duggan, Whitewater High School Choral Director. The talent show is sponsored by the Whitewater Choral Department.
Winners for the evening were:
• 1st Place — Teria Litman singing “At Last”
• 2nd Place — Evan Ivey and Ashley Allen performing a dramatic monologue “Heartbeats”
• 3rd Place –Tyler Walls singing “These Arms of Mine”
• Most Entertaining — Buffalo Sister, a band, performing “When I Think of You”
• Most Original – Kelsey Mason dancing to “Lost”
“I don’t know how the judges picked favorites. All the acts were very good. In fact, I was surprised at the level and diversity of talent.” said Duggan.
The Master of Ceremonies was Dr. Tom Lewis, a Whitewater English teacher and adjunct professor of Communications at Clayton State University.