With carols, candles and communion, churches all over the world tomorrow night will celebrate the birth of Christ, hosting special services and musical programs through midnight. Here on the south side also, churches have made plans for the celebration, with an open invitation to the community.
The following churches have announced plans for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day services and events:
• All Saints Anglican Church, now located at 225 S. Peachtree Parkway, will offer a Family Service with nursery provided on Christmas Eve at 5 p.m. Lessons and Carols will be held at 10:30 p.m. and a Midnight Candlelight Mass will be held at 11 p.m.
Holy Communion will be offered at 10 a.m. Christmas Day.
The children’s Christmas Pageant will be presented Jan. 3 at 10:30 a.m.
The church recently relocated to 225 S. Peachtree Parkway and is temporarily sharing facilities with some activities at Peachtree City United Methodist in its old location.
The phone number has remained the same, 770-486-5374.
• Atlanta City Church will have Christmas Eve services at both north and south locations. The North Campus at 3355 Old Jonesboro Rd., Fairburn, will have a service at 6 p.m. The South Campus at 320 Dividend Dr., Peachtree City, will hold a service at 6:30 p.m. For more information, call 770-964-2138, or visit the website, www.atlantacitychurch.com.
• Bethany United Methodist Church will have a Christmas Eve service at 6 p.m. on Dec. 24. Bethany is at 607 Rivers Rd. at the Milam Road-Rivers Road junction. For more information, call 770-964-6999 or 6992, or visit the website, www.gbgm-umc.org/bethany-fayetteville.
• Brooks United Methodist Church will have candlelight services at 5 and 9 p.m. on Christmas Eve. A nursery will be available at the 5 p.m. service only. The church is at 119 Morgan Mill Road, Brooks, three miles south of Ga. Hwy. 85 South on the corner of Hwy. 85 Connector and Morgan Mill Road. For more information call 770-719-7593 or go to the website, www.brooksumc.com.
• Carriage Lane Presbyterian Church will have a Christmas Eve Candlelight service at 6 p.m. on Dec. 24. Carriage Lane is at 101 Carriage Lane, at its intersection with Ga. Highway 54, in Peachtree City. For more info, call 770-631-4618 or visit the website, www.carriagelanepres.org.
• The Catholic Church of Saint Gabriel in Fayetteville will present its Children’s Pageant at 4 p.m. on Christmas Eve, followed by Masses at 5 and 8 p.m. and midnight. All Masses will be preceded by 30 minutes of carols.
On Christmas Day, a Solemn Mass of Christmas will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m.
For New Year’s Eve, A Vigil Mass will be celebrated at 6 p.m., and on New Year’s Day, Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m.
Saint Gabriel’s is at 152 Antioch Rd., just south of Ga. Highway 92 South. For more info, call 770-461-0492.
• Christ Our Shepherd Lutheran Church in Peachtree City will offer five services on Christmas Eve at 12:15, 4:30, 6:30, 8:30 (in Fellowship Hall), and 10:30 p.m.
Christmas Day worship is at 10 a.m., and worshipers may want to dress casually.
The normally-scheduled Saturday evening service will not take place, but there are two Sunday services on Dec. 27, at 8:30 and 11 a.m.
The church will present Cassie Light in a solo Christmas concert on Sunday evening, Dec. 27, at 6 p.m.
All services are free, and the public is invited.
• Church of the Holy Cross Charismatic Episcopal Church in Fayetteville will have a Candlelight service with Holy Communion at 5 p.m. on Christmas Eve. For more information, visit the website, www.holycrosschurch.wordpress.com.
• Covenant Presbyterian Church will have a Candlelight Christmas Eve Worship Service on Dec. 24 at 5 p.m. It will be a service of carols and Scripture reading to worship the advent of the Christ Child. A nursery will be provided.
Covenant is north of Kenwood Road on Ga. Highway 314 in Fayetteville. Phone 770-460-9450 or visit the church website, www.covenantpres.net.
• The Edgefield Church Family invites the entire community to join them Friday, Dec. 25 at 10 a.m. for the Christmas Day Service.
Those who are looking for someplace special to bring in the New Year are invited to Edgefield on Thursday, Dec. 31 at 10 p.m. for the New Year’s Eve Celebration (Watch Night Service). For more information, call the church, 770-461-7388. Eddie Thomas is Senior Pastor.
• Fayette Family Church, 1729 Hwy. 54 W., Fayetteville, will have a Christmas Eve Candlelight Communion service Thursday, Dec. 24, from 7-8 p.m. For more information, visit www.fayettefamilychurch.org. or call 770-461-6235.
• Fayetteville First United Methodist Church will have Christmas Eve services Thursday, Dec. 24, at 4,6, and 11 p.m. in the sanctuary. Childcare will be available for the 4 and 6 p.m. services only.
The church is at 175 E. Lanier Ave. (Ga. Highway 54), in downtown Fayetteville. For more info, call 770-461-4313 or visit the church website, www.fayettevillefirst.com.
• First Baptist Church of Jonesboro will have a Christmas Eve Service Thursday, Dec. 24, at 5 p.m. The service will feature special music, the Christmas story and Christmas carols. The church is at 147 College St., Jonesboro. For more information, visit the church’s website, www.fbcjonesboro.com.
• First Presbyterian Church of Peachtree City will celebrate Jesus’ birth with two traditional candlelight worship services at 6 and 8 p.m. Both services will include music presented by the music ministry of First Presbyterian.
The church will offer one worship service on Sunday, Dec. 27, at 11:15 a.m.
During the week after Christmas, First Presbyterian Youth will be busy with events including a mini lock-in and a New Year’s Eve party.
The church is across from City Hall at 206 Willowbend Rd. For more information call 770-487-7757 or visit the website at www.firstpresptc.com.
• Flat Creek Baptist Church will have a Christmas Eve service at 5 p.m. Dec. 24. The church is on Flat Creek Trail between Ga. Highway 54 and Tyrone Road.
• McDonough Road Baptist Church invites the community to the church’s Christmas Eve Candlelight service at 6 p.m. on Dec. 24. The church is in Fayetteville at 352 McDonough Road, just past the department of driver services building. Visit the website at www.mcdonoughroad.org.
• National Heights Baptist Church will hold a Christmas Eve Candlelight service Thursday, Dec. 24, at 7 p.m. National Heights is off Ga. Highway 54 at the intersection of Old Norton Road and Sandy Creek Road. The address is 103 Old Norton Road, Fayetteville, and the website is nationalheightsbaptistchurch.org.
• The Holy Nativity Schedule for St. Christopher Hellenic Orthodox Church on Christmas Eve includes Great Hours at 8 a.m., Vespers at 9 a.m., Orthros at 6 p.m. and Divine Liturgy at 7 p.m. On Christmas Day, from 11:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m., members will feed the homeless at St. John the Wonderworker Church in Atlanta. St. Christopher’s is at 313 Dividend Dr. in Peachtree City.
• Peachtree City United Methodist Church will have Christmas Eve Services Thursday, Dec. 24 at 5, 7 and 9 p.m.
Family Worship will be offered at 5 p.m. for families with children. “Child-friendly” candle lights will be given to each child. Childcare will be available for children ages 6 weeks to Pre-K.
Candlelight Communion services will be offered at 7 and 9 p.m. Childcare will be available for children ages 6 weeks to Pre-K at 7 p.m. only.
All Christmas worship services will be held at 225 Robinson Rd.
For information, call 770-487-6499 or visit www.ptcumc.org.
• Prince of Peace Lutheran Church will have Christmas Eve Candlelight Services at 4, 7, 9, and 11 p.m. on Dec. 24. The church is on Ga. Highway 314 in Fayetteville, between Lowe’s and The Pavilion. For more information log on at www.princeofpeacefayette.com or call 770-461-3403.
• Providence United Methodist Church will offer three different Christmas Eve services.
A Family Service will be held at 4 p.m. Children should come dressed in homemade costumes as a donkey, sheep, cow, angel, Wise Man, or shepherd using a robe, scarf, tinsel, garland, socks, hats, paper crowns, yarn, slippers, etc. There will be some costumes on hand for children who do not have one. All are welcome.
Traditional Worship will be held at 6 p.m. There will be an adult choir with traditional carols, handbell choir, a sermon from Senior Pastor Warren Huddleston, Holy Communion and candlelight..
A Contemporary Service is planned for 8 p.m. The praise band leads the service, the pastor will bring a message followed by communion, and the service will end with candlelight.
All are welcome and childcare is provided in the Children’s Building for all services. Providence is at 592 Bernhard Rd., Fayetteville in southern Fayette County between Ga. Highway 85 and Redwine Road. For more info, visit www.provumc.com or call 770-719-8800.
• Saint Andrew’s in the Pines Episcopal Church in Peachtree City will hold its Christmas Pageant with Holy Eucharist at 4:30 p.m. on Christmas Eve. Midnight Mass will start at 10:30 p.m.
On Christmas Day, Holy Eucharist will be at 10 a.m.
On the first Sunday after Christmas, the church will offer Lessons and Carols with Holy Eucharist at 10 a.m.
St. Andrew’s is at 316 North Peachtree Pkwy. in Peachtree City. For more info, call 770-487-8415.
• Saint Mary Magdalene Catholic Church in Newnan (Thomas Crossroads area) will have Christmas Eve Masses at 4 p.m. (Family Vigil Mass), 6 p.m. (Children’s Vigil Mass with nursery available), and midnight (Midnight Mass) with a musical prelude at 11:30 p.m.
On Christmas Day, Masses will be celebrated at 9 and 11 a.m., with American Sign Language (ASL) interpretation at the 11 a.m. Mass.
On Thursday, Dec. 31, a New Year’s Eve Vigil Mass will be celebrated at 5 p.m.
On New Year’s Day, Friday, Jan. 1, the Feast of Mary, Mother of God, Mass will be celebrated at noon.
St. Mary Magdalene Church is at 3 Village Road, Newnan, near the intersection of Ga. Highway 154 and Lower Fayetteville Road, behind the new Coweta Library.
• St. Paul Lutheran in Peachtree City will have a Christmas Eve Candlelight Service Dec. 24 at 6 p.m. in the Worship Center.
Christmas Day worship with Holy Communion will be at 10 a.m.
A New Year’s Eve service with Holy Communion will be held Dec. 31 at 7 p.m.
• Senoia First Baptist Church will have a Christmas Eve Candlelight service Thursday, Dec. 24, at 11:30 p.m. The church is on Johnson Street in Senoia, behind the police station. For further information, contact the church office, 770-599-3012 or visit the website, www.fbcsenoia.org.
• Senoia United Methodist Church will have Christmas Eve services at 5:30 (with a children’s program) and 11 p.m. The church is on the corner of Bridge and Seavy Streets (229 Bridge St.) in Senoia.
• The Summit Church will have a Christmas Eve service at 7 p.m. at its facility at 1373 Ga. Hwy. 92 South, Fayetteville. For more info, call 770-460-3335, or visit the church website, www.TheSummitPC.net.
• Vineyard South Metro Church in Peachtree City will have a Christmas Eve service Dec. 24 at 5 p.m. The church meets in the Industrial Park area at 304 Dividend Dr.