Are you an artist or someone interested in learning how to grow a creative business? If so, the 4th Annual Artpreneur Workshop is for you!
A conference for creatives, the fourth annual Artpreneur Workshop will be held Friday, June 17, and Saturday, June 18. An artist reception and social Friday evening featuring renowned artist Rene Dickerson and other Fayette artists highlights planned activities this year.
The two-day virtual and in-person event for creatives is presented by Fine Arts and Crafts Entrepreneurs (FAACE). The purpose is to share ideas and techniques, explore emerging trends, and sharpen business acumen.
The event is open to anyone interested in advancing in the business of the arts or learning more about selling what you create. Musicians, crafters, visual artists, designers, writers, inventors, and more will find help for starting a business, selling your work, crafting an online presence, developing a brand, and more tips for success.
Participants will learn from leading artists in their fields as well as from each other through workshops and discussions. Topics and speakers featured include:
- How the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Can Help You, presented by Kim Knight, SBDC Director
- Trademark or Not, What a Writer Needs to Know, presented by New York Times Best-selling Author Sherrilyn Kenyon
- How Creativity and Innovation Can Ignite Success, presented by Jason Bass
- How to Photograph Your Work for Amazon and Etsy, presented by Roger Sibaja, of Gobi Photography
- How to Make Multiple Income Streams from Your Musical Talent, with Justin Clay, Fine Arts Director of Music from the Heart
- Opportunities and Trends in the Film Industry, with Claudette Didul, set designer for “Mad Men” and “How to Get Away with Murder”
- Grant Programs and How Artists can Utilize Them, with Tina
Lilly, Director Georgia Council of the Arts (GCA)
- Tips on Marketing Your Creative Works, presented by Jason Muldrow of Muldrow Marketing
- Estate Planning for the Artist, presented by Tanieka Thompson
Mungo, Attorney at Law
- Painting and Animation Techniques, presented by Mike Dillard of Mike D. Animation Studio
- How to Use Your Art for Healing and How to Become Certified as a Facilitator of Art Healing, presented by Lei Rhyne
- How to Write Your Artist’s Statement, with Joyce Beverly, founder of My Storyographer
Other opportunities will include:
- Professional headshots on-site with Ana Lombardi
- Painting and Pour with Urban Exotic Warehouse
- Artist Statement workshop with Joyce Beverly
- Painted Rock Scavenger Hunt with Enchanted PTC (Saturday only)
- Free admission to the Friday night art exhibit and social featuring renowned artist Rene Dickerson as well as some of Fayette’s top artists. This portion of the conference is slated from 5:30 to 7:30 pm. Attendees will enjoy live music, food, and fun at this event.
The 2022 Artpreneur Workshop begins Friday, June 17, with registration at noon and workshops and talks continuing through 5:30 pm. Activities resume Saturday, June 18, at 9 am and conclude with a Dream Team Panel at 4 pm.
Tickets to the two-day event are $59 for in-person tickets, $25 for virtual attendance. FAACE members receive a discount for the workshop and can attend the virtual sessions free.