Long-term care facilities in Fayette County experiencing Covid-19 cases in the Aug. 7 report by Ga. Department of Community Health (DCH) again showed no new cases or deaths among residents. The report also showed one new resident recovery and one new staff testing positive.
DCH since the initial days of the pandemic has tracked facilities statewide with one or more cases among residents and staff and the number of resident deaths and recoveries.
The Aug. 7 update noted one new resident recovery at Heartis Fayetteville and one new staff testing positive at Hope Center Memory Care in Fayetteville.
The Aug. 7 update showed seven Fayette County facilities with a total of 86 residents testing positive since the pandemic began, along with 19 resident deaths, 43 staff testing positive and 29 residents having recovered.
Covid-19 cases in long-term care facilities statewide in the Aug. 7 report showed the virus in 613 facilities. Of those, there were 10,787 residents testing positive, 1,804 resident deaths, 5,431 staff testing positive and 6,661 residents recovered.
As of Aug. 7, and across all population demographics, Georgia has seen 209,004 confirmed Covid-19-positive cases and 4,117 deaths.
Statewide, resident deaths in long-term care facilities now accounts for approximately 43.8 percent of all confirmed deaths from Covid-19, down from 45.2 percent on July 28 percent and down from 46.2 percent on July 21.
The DCH data pertaining to Fayette County for Aug. 7, and reflecting numbers since the pandemic began, showed:
– Southland Health and Rehabilitation in Peachtree City has 101 residents, with 20 residents testing positive, three resident deaths, 13 staff testing positive and 16 residents recovered.
– Arbor Terrace in Peachtree City has 55 residents, with three residents testing positive, five staff testing positive and three residents recovered.
– Ashley Glen Senior Living and Memory Care in Peachtree City has 60 residents, with three residents and three staff testing positive, and two residents recovered.
– Condor Health Lafayette in Fayetteville has 107 residents, with 48 residents testing positive, 11 resident deaths and 11 staff testing positive.
– Gardens of Fayetteville (from the Aug. 4 report; not listed in the Aug. 7 report) has 29 residents, with four residents testing positive, two resident deaths and one resident recovered.
– Heartis Fayetteville has 92 residents, with 11 residents testing positive, three resident deaths, 10 staff testing positive and seven residents recovered.
– Hope Center Memory Care in Fayetteville has 61 residents, with two staff testing positive.