The May 15 state update for long-term care facilities continues to show Fayette County with no new Covid-19 cases among residents or staff, but with one new resident death, bringing the total to four. Just over half of all deaths statewide, and across all population demographics, occurred with those living in long-term care facilities.
The May 15 update by the Ga. Department of Community Health (DCH) on 365 long-term care facilities with one or more Covid-19 cases showed seven Fayette facilities with nine residents testing positive, four resident deaths and 10 staff testing positive.
In long-term care facilities statewide, as of May 15, DCH showed 4,788 residents testing positive, 798 resident deaths and 2,016 staff testing positive for the virus.
As of May 16 at 9 a.m., and across all population demographics, Georgia has seen 37,078 confirmed Covid-19-positive cases and 1,588 deaths.
Statewide, resident deaths in long-term care facilities account for approximately 50.2 percent of all confirmed deaths from Covid-19.
Data from DCH pertaining to Fayette County showed:
– Southland Health and Rehabilitation in Peachtree City has 115 residents, with one resident testing positive.
– Arbor Terrace in Peachtree City has 57 residents, with one resident testing positive and two staff testing positive.
– Ashley Glen Senior Living and Memory Care in Peachtree City has 48 residents, with three residents and two staff testing positive.
– Condor Health Lafayette in Fayetteville has 127 residents, with one staff testing positive.
– Gardens of Fayetteville has 31 residents, with two residents testing positive, two resident deaths and two staff testing positive.
– Heartis Fayetteville has 92 residents, with two residents testing positive, two resident deaths and two staff testing positive.
– Hope Center Memory Care in Fayetteville has 61 residents, with one staff testing positive