Senoia cops arrest Newnan woman after high-speed chase

Senoia cops arrest Newnan woman after high-speed chase


A Newnan woman faces multiple charges after leading Senoia officers on a May 14 high-speed chase that began on Ga. Highway 16 in Senoia and continued east into Spalding County at speeds sometimes reaching and exceeding 100 miles per hour.

Tameka L. Taylor, 32, was charged with reckless driving, fleeing or attempting to elude, suspended or revoked license and two counts of child restraint improperly used, according to a Senoia police report.

The May 14 incident began at approximately 3:15 p.m. when a Senoia officer was checking vehicle license plates. A check of Taylor’s license plate showed 11 previous driver’s license suspensions and a current suspension. The officer also confirmed that the driver of the vehicle was a female, incident reports said.

With blue lights activated on Hwy. 16 near Chestlehurst Road, the officer, and another soon in pursuit, was not able to get Taylor to pull over, and with Taylor’s vehicle traveling eastbound registering speeds of approximately 80 miles per hour, said reports.

Taylor continued to refuse to pull over while traveling east toward Spalding County and maintaining speeds near 100 miles per hour. Taylor during this time veered into the westbound lane causing oncoming vehicles to leave the roadway to avoid being hit, according to incident reports.

Upon approaching the Ga. Highway 85 Connector, Taylor decreased her speed to approximately 30 miles per hour while staying behind traffic. She soon rapidly accelerated her vehicle but had to brake quickly to avoid hitting another vehicle. That vehicle left the roadway to avoid being hit, said reports.

Accelerating rapidly and failing to comply with the pursuing patrol units, Taylor again hit speeds at and exceeding 100 miles per hour, then slowed to a stop inside Spalding County, reports said.

Taylor exited the vehicle as officers issued commands with a gun drawn. Taylor was then taken in to custody, according to reports.

Officers located two unrestrained female juveniles inside the vehicle. The children were turned over to Taylor’s mother, according to reports.