Six Fayette County schools will have new principals when the school year begins this summer.
The six schools that will have a different principal at the helm for the 2015-2016 school year include North Fayette Elementary, Peeples Elementary, Flat Rock Middle, J.C. Booth Middle, Sandy Creek High and Starr’s Mill High, system spokesperson Melinda Berry-Dreisbach said.
New principal assignments for three of the schools were approved at the March 30 called meeting of the Fayette County Board of Education.
Those include the following:
• Steve Greene, current coordinator of student athletics, safety and discipline who will become the principal at J.C. Booth Middle;
• Oatha Mann, current principal of Flat Rock Middle, to principal at North Fayette Elementary;
• and Jade Bolton, current principal of North Fayette Elementary, to principal at Flat Rock Middle.
Berry-Dreisbach said other administrative transfers include the following:
• Starr’s Mill High Principal Audrey Toney to be director of Student Services (currently titled Pupil Personnel Services);
• J.C. Booth Principal Ted Lombard to Coordinator of Business Partner Development, Work-based Learning and Youth Apprenticeship;
• Sandy Creek High Principal Dr. Darrell Evans to Coordinator of Athletics, Safety and Attendance (replacing Steve Greene who is going to J.C. Booth Middle);
• and Peeples Elementary Principal Erin Roberson to Assistant Director of Human Resources (an existing position left vacant when former Assistant Director Linda Beaubien was promoted to director of Human Resources).
Berry-Dreisbach said a search to fill principal positions at Sandy Creek High, Peeples Elementary and Starr’s Mill High is underway.