Martez Nelson now charged with murdering 6 people

Share this Post
Views 8119 | Comments 0
Nicholas Martez Nelson. Photos/Coweta County Jail.

Martez Nelson now charged with murdering 6 people

Nicholas Martez Nelson. Photos/Coweta County Jail.
Share this Post
Views 8119 | Comments 0

The Newnan man charged with the murders of four people in Newnan has now been charged with the two additional murders that were pending.

Newnan Police Department detectives on Nov. 11 secured arrest warrants against Nicholas Martez Nelson, 38, for the shooting deaths of Willie Edward Bussie III and Kevin Duane Robbins on Nov. 5.

Nelson is now charged with all six murders that occurred last week. Warrants are still pending further investigation for the burglary/home invasion on Nov. 5 on Steeplechase Drive in Newnan, said Newnan Communications Manager Ashley Copeland.

A Nov. 10 joint press conference by the Newnan Police Department and the Coweta County Sheriff’s Office noted that Nelson had been charged in the murder of four Newnan adults, with charges pending on two additional murders.

Newnan Police Deputy Chief Mark Cooper said that physical evidence and the bodies of three Newnan residents were found on Nov. 8 in Room 117 of the Motel 6 on Herring Road.

The deceased included 32-year-old Tangela Molden, 58-year-old Monte Ballard and 37-year-old Michael Lang.

Cooper previously said officers on Nov. 5 at 7:58 p.m. were dispatched to 267 East Broad Street on a report of “shots fired — person down.”

“Upon arrival, officers located two male victims outside the side door that were suffering from gunshot wounds. Both victims were pronounced dead at the scene,” said Cooper.

Cooper said the victims were identified as Willie Edward Bussie, III, 39, and Kevin Duane Robbins, 43.

In a separate murder, Newnan police on Nov. 7 at 5:24 p.m. were dispatched to 11 Dowdell Street for a “shots fired — person down.”

“Upon arrival, officers located one male victim laying in the parking lot suffering from gunshot wounds,” said Cooper. “The victim was pronounced dead at a local area hospital. The victim was identified as Warner Mandrel Parks, 39,” Cooper said.

Referencing the six murder victims, Cooper said there was some kind of relationship between Nelson and the victims, adding that a motive for the killings is not currently known.

Stay Up-to-Date on What’s Fun and Important in Fayette

Newsletter

Help us keep local news free and our communities informed.

DONATE NOW
Senoia man, 23, charged with murdering boy, 14
GBI investigates officer involved shooting in Co...
3 arrests, 19 felony counts in Walmart phone kio...
Martez Nelson now charged with murdering 6 people
In Newnan, 1 suspect in custody after 6 murder v...
Newsletter
image(37)