Wednesday, May. 4, 2016    Login | Register

Recent comments

• Reply to: PTC man dies in motorcycle accident   59 min ago
    ptctrader2010

This is a terrible tragedy.    I last rode a cycle in 1983.   Very sad for the cyclist.   When I rode, my comment was that you had to be at least 10 times more aware of those around you.   On the other side... Tragic for the person driving the car.  I will add one thing here.   Driving is s PRIVILEGE.... Not a RIGHT.   I am getting older now... Cannot drive as well at night so I DON'T.   I support driver retraining/retesting after age 70,    I am sure this is unpopular... But it makes sense.
    Prayers to all concerned.

• Reply to: PTC man dies in motorcycle accident   59 min 3 sec ago
    ptctrader2010

Prayers to all concerned.

• Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   1 hour 9 min ago
    JessieJames1847
    AHG

AHG
    According to the Television Ad ALL I have to do is show up and tell the folks at the Air Force Academy I want to be a 4 Star Astronaunt General or Lawyer/Pilot and I can be,,never mind the medical qualifications, or need to be less than 100 years old. You're missing my point either on purpose or due to density

• Reply to: ‘The dark side’ and ‘specialness’   1 hour 40 min ago
    NUK_1

I am so beyond millenial status that my kids are about to be too, but I've never heard that before and it's classic.

• Reply to: ‘The dark side’ and ‘specialness’   1 hour 45 min ago
    AtHomeGym

You don't contribute positively by writing such rubbish.

• Reply to: ‘The dark side’ and ‘specialness’   1 hour 58 min ago
    Pooler

. . . are these The Special Ones with all those "bank perks," the average people, no nothing about.  How many have personal "wealth managers" to manage those golden retirement funds and endless assets acquired while in their "special" positions? Once addicted, the upward climb of  the corporate ladder becomes the ultimate mission leaving The People standing confused & misled at the door of the GateKeepers.

• Reply to: ‘The dark side’ and ‘specialness’   2 hours 42 sec ago
    Spyglass

• Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   2 hours 42 min ago
    AtHomeGym

Hot Flash!  One does NOT JOIN the Academy--you must apply & be selected or receive an appointment by someone authorized to appoint.

• Reply to: ‘The dark side’ and ‘specialness’   3 hours 11 min ago
    SPQR

Parkinson's law. An in depth study of bureaucracy, classic from 1957.

• Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   3 hours 53 min ago
    JessieJames1847

rmoc
    So I can be a Pilot in the Airforce, or heck a 4 Star General, all I have to do is show up and tell them my goals? ,,Whodvfthunk, it was THAT easy ,,, OR If I want to be a Delta Pilot or CEO, the ad WOULD require disclaimers,,but if that ONLY applies for PRIVATE Enterprises the Government can fill your rear end with Unicorns and Rainbows,,,ahhh ok that can't possibly lead to anything Anti Liberty no can it ?

• Reply to: ‘The dark side’ and ‘specialness’   4 hours 39 min ago
    Husband and Father of 2

Never heard that one before.  Funny

• Reply to: ‘The dark side’ and ‘specialness’   4 hours 53 min ago
    brewster

You boil the hell out of it.

• Reply to: ‘The dark side’ and ‘specialness’   5 hours 12 min ago
    Husband and Father of 2

That's probably why Mr. Bar low loved the old water guy.  He provided him his biblical water.

• Reply to: ‘The dark side’ and ‘specialness’   5 hours 25 min ago
    NeilSullivan

Can appreciate biblical tasting water.

• Reply to: ‘The dark side’ and ‘specialness’   6 hours 26 min ago
    Husband and Father of 2

"Whoever the candidate was before election victory, now that candidate becomes somebody “special.” Ordinary citizens increasingly cannot comprehend or appreciate that “specialness.” Once you are on the inside, you see things in a different light. Your former priorities begin to seem distant, quaint. Now you are part of the ruling class. You have higher responsibilities than to those pesky voters, those increasingly ignorant taxpayers.
    You now have a group of people who defer to you, treat you with the respect you so deserve, who drop what they are doing to cater to your requests. Those people are government employees. They recognize your “specialness” and in turn you recognize that these people now deserve your reciprocal respect as well. It’s a mutual admiration society, especially if those cost of living raises come with regularity."
    Mr. Barlow is one who now that he's special, has gotten very close to the employees.  So much he failed along with Mr. Oddo to ask for the removal of the former water director. Mr. Barlow even praised his work, even after the EPD was ready to pull his certificate.
    Mr. Barlow was also the one who had a hissy fit when another commissioner didn't attend an employee christmas party one year.  The one who always votes along with Oddo to provide raises and additional time off.
    Yes, he's special

• Reply to: Block that Fayetteville intersection and it’ll cost you a ticket and $100   7 hours 50 min ago
    mivaldes

Revenue generator. Doesn't fix the problem.

• Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   7 hours 56 min ago
    rmoc

I was a McD's baby, my mom worked for one of the first franchisees in the early 70's. Mr Kroc was a class act. I remember when the store was remodeled to have one of the first dining rooms and outdoor play areas he showed up and talked to everyone including the kids. My mom trained all the folks from Hong Kong when they started opening in China in the early 70's, funny thing in Hong Kong the store managers all had Masters Degrees and had been educated at British Boarding schools..but  I hated to eat McD's as a kid because my mom smelled like it very day.

• Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   8 hours 4 min ago
    rmoc

I am a proud Air Force Mom and I see no problem. Heck you can be what you earn..a lot better than most company that hire folks now..My son is ready to re-up and the companies today scare him and I don't blame him. In the military you have a pretty clear path that you can follow to move forward, how many private companies have that.

• Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   8 hours 13 min ago
    Stranger than Fiction

After kowtowing to every whim of the far right for his entire political career, the Governor now shows some intestinal fortitude. First he refuses to enforce a Christian version of sharia law. Now he defies the strongest lobby on K Street, the National Rifle Association. Apparently, even Pharisees can change when blinded by the light.

• Reply to: Students in charge of teachers in SB 364   9 hours 39 min ago
    JessieJames1847
    H&F

H&F
    We're just gonna flat disagree, but hey that's why it's called Politics and not FACT, will add this though we're not in 100% disagreement however, let be said publicly I'd take 100 Mary Kay's over ANY Barlow or Oddo

• Reply to: Students in charge of teachers in SB 364   10 hours 53 min ago
    Husband and Father of 2

I hate common core, but her methods to eradicate are can I say worthless.  She has zero chance of winning.  She lost all credibility  when she ran and won a school board slot, then quit.  She had an obligation to complete her term.

• Reply to: Students in charge of teachers in SB 364   11 hours 29 min ago
    JessieJames1847
    H&F

H&F
    Absolutely 1 gazillion INCORRECT, Do not confuse Passion and willingness to act with Barlows deceit and hypocrisy. Bacallao knows Common core better than the ones that invented it (how ya educate voters and defeat horrible legislation)

• Reply to: Students in charge of teachers in SB 364   11 hours 52 min ago
    Husband and Father of 2

This woman could be more nutty than Bar low.

• Reply to: FreeSpeech for 10-06-10   19 hours 51 min ago
    JessieJames1847

December 15,1791

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Bibles (religious text), shall not be infringed. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Yet in Georgia a citizen MUST buy permission to be in posession of a Concealed or Open Carried Bible, Bibles are not allowed in,on,or near certain areas through-out the State. .......................................................
    Thank You Governor Deal from protecting us from all those Bibles, and the Stress of having to worry about what the United Constitution Actually say's

• Reply to: PTC man dies in motorcycle accident   19 hours 58 min ago
    moelarrycurly

I suggest keeping an open mind on this.  Reports on social media by witnesses have the bike weaving in and out of traffic just before this happened.  His facebook shows he was involved in some sort of bike racing, also.  Yes, on the face of it, looks like another case of elderly driver error.  And yes, from what I read he was a wonderful young man.  This is so tragic.  However, let's see how the investigation comes out.  My prayers to all family and friends.

Ad space area 4 internal