Tyrone home heavily damaged in fire

Tyrone home heavily damaged in fire
A home on Crestwood Road in Tyrone sustained damage from a Jan. 9 fire that began in the fireplace and spread to the attic. 
 
A Jan. 9 fire at 160 Crestwood Road in Tyrone resulted in five people being displaced and one firefighter injured by falling debris.
 
Fayette County Deputy Fire Chief Tom Bartlett said the fire call came Monday at 3:59 p.m., with fire units arriving at 4:05 p.m. He said all occupants were accounted for.
 
Bartlett said firefighters located the fire in the attic, noting that the blaze was related to the fireplace.
 
“The fire moved from the fireplace area into the attic,” Bartlett said.
 
Bartlett said five people were displaced as a result of the fire, adding that the home is not livable due to major damage to the attic along with smoke and heat damage to the remainder of the home.
 
One firefighter was injured from sheetrock and other debris falling from the attic, Bartlett said.