Calling all Fayette County parents, teachers, students and community members:
My name is Mary Kay Bacallao. I want to hear your voice and earn your vote for the Fayette County School Board, District 2, in the Republican Primary on July 31, 2012.
For the past four years I have been following the decisions made by the FCBOE. For example, on Jan. 9, 2012, three of the five board members voted to settle an NAACP lawsuit to take away your right to vote on board members that live outside of your district.
Thankfully, these voting rights have been restored by Judge Batten who overturned the agreement on April 18, 2012. I strongly believe that every citizen has the right to vote for every board member. My opponent wants to deny you that right.
My primary objectives are:
1. Make decisions based on input from Fayette County community members.
2. Restore confidence in the fiscal policies of the FCBOE through sound financial decisions.
3. Represent conservative views on educational and social issues.
4. Attract, retain, and honor the BEST teachers for ALL our students.
5. Support and encourage family and community involvement for successful schools.
I would like to hear from you. On Wednesday, May 23, at 6 p.m., I will host a meeting at the Peachtree City Library to listen to your concerns and ideas.
Please RSVP if you plan to attend to MaryKayBacallao@hotmail.com or call 770-461-1220.
Mary Kay Bacallao
Fayette County, Ga.