Christmas is in the air and Christian churches all over the south metro area have announced plans for special services this weekend.
• All Saints Anglican Church will have two services on Christmas Eve, beginning with a Family Service at 5 p.m. A service of Christmas Carols and Stories will be held at 10:30 p.m. followed by Christmas Eve Holy Communion at 11 p.m. Saturday morning, Christmas Day, a service of Holy Communion will be held at 10 a.m. All Saints is at 225 South Peachtree Parkway in Peachtree City. Call the church, 770-486-5374, for further information.
• Brooks UMC will have Christmas Eve Candlelight Services at 5 and 9 p.m. On Sunday, December 26, one service will be held at 10 a.m. Brooks UMC is at the corner of Ga. Highway 85 Connector and Morgan Mill Road in Brooks, just three miles south of Starrs Mill. Call the church office, 770-719-7593, or visit the website, www.brooksumc.com for more information.
• Christ Our Shepherd Lutheran Church in Peachtree City will offer four candlelight communion services in the Sanctuary on Christmas Eve. At 4:30 p.m., music by the children will be featured; at 6:30 p.m., music by GraceFlock band unplugged will be featured; at 8:30 p.m., music by vocal and instrumental soloists and ensembles will be performed; and at 10:30 p.m., the service will feature music by the Sanctuary Choir and Joyful Noise Ringers.
One service including communion is scheduled on Christmas Morning (Saturday) at 10 a.m.
On Sunday, Dec. 26, two Lessons and Carols services will take place at 8:30 and 11 a.m. The church is on the corner of Ga. Highway 54 and Peachtree Parkway.
• Christ the King Charismatic Episcopal Church in Sharpsburg will have two Christmas Eve services, the first a child-friendly service at 6 p.m., and the second a Candlelight Service at 9 p.m. The church is on Ga. Highway 34 in Coweta County, just west of the Fischer Road intersection.
• Crosspoint Community Church in Peachtree City will have two Christmas Eve services: a Communion Service from 5 – 5:45 p.m. and a Candlelight Communion Service from 11:30 p.m. – 12:15 a.m. The church is at 300 Tivoli Garden in Peachtree City. For more information, phone 770-631-0996
• The Edgefield Baptist Church family invites the entire community to the church’s Christmas Day service Saturday, Dec. 25, at 10 a.m.
To bring in the New Year, Edgefield invites the community to the New Year’s Eve Celebration Concert Friday, Dec. 31 at 10 p.m. The concert will feature Edgefield’s music ministry and Evangelist Edwina Watts of Pensacola, Fla. Edgefield is at 140 Church Street in downtown Fayetteville. For more information, call the church, 770-461-7388. Eddie Thomas is Senior Pastor.
• The Episcopal Church of the Nativity on Antioch Road in Fayetteville will offer both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day services. The early Christmas Eve service will be held Friday at 5 p.m. and will feature Holy Eucharist and the children’s pageant. A later service at 10:45 p.m. will feature a Choral Eucharist.
On Saturday, Christmas Day, the church will offer Holy Eucharist at 10 a.m. The Rev. Rita Henault, rector, will be the celebrant at all services.
• Fayette Family Church, located at 1729 Highway 54 West, Fayetteville, will have a Family Night Candlelight Service, Wednesday, Dec. 22, from 7 – 8 p.m. featuring Christmas carols, Christmas story-time for children, communion, and a special miracle testimony. The service is for everyone.
• Fayetteville First Baptist Church will have Christmas Eve services at 4:30 and 6 p.m. The church is on Stonewall Avenue about a block from the Fayette County Courthouse. For more information, call 770-461-8378.
• Fayetteville First United Methodist Church will have Christmas Eve Services at 4, 6 and 11 p.m. in the sanctuary. The church is at 175 Lanier Ave. (Ga. Highway 54) in downtown Fayetteville. For more information, call 770-461-4313.
• First Presbyterian Church of Peachtree City will hold two Candlelight Services on Christmas Eve, at 6 and 8 p.m. The choir and congregation will join in singing hymns and songs of the season.
On Sunday, Dec. 26, there will be a combined worship service at 11:15 a.m. Sunday School classes will not meet.
On New Year’s Eve the High School Youth will have a Lock-In. First Presbyterian is at 206 Willowbend Rd. across from City Hall. Call 770-487-7757 or visit the web site, www.firstpresptc.com, for more information.
• Flat Creek Baptist Church will have a Christmas Eve Candlelight service with observance of the Lord’s Supper at 5 p.m. on Dec. 24. Flat Creek is on Flat Creek Trail between Ga. Highway 54 and Tyrone Road.
• Inman United Methodist Church, 151 Hills Bridge Rd., Fayetteville, will have Christmas Eve Candlelight and Communion Services at 5 and 9 p.m. The Chancel Choir music selections will include “One Small Child,” “Rejoice Greatly”from “The Messiah,” “Mary, Did You Know?” and “O Holy Night.”
• The McDonough Road Baptist Church Christmas Eve Candle Lighting service will be held Friday at 6 p.m. The church is located at 352 McDonough Road, just past the department of drivers? services building. Call 770-460-5423 for more information.
• National Heights Baptist Church will have a Christmas Eve candle light service at 7 p.m. on Dec. 24. National Heights is on the corner of Old Norton Road and Ga. Highway 54 (Sandy Creek Road intersection). For more information, call 770-461-1704.
• Peachtree City United Methodist Church will have three Christmas Eve candlelight services on Dec. 24, at 5, 7 and 9 p.m. The 5 p.m. service will be a family worship service. Nursery and childcare will be provided. The 7 p.m. service will feature carols, candlelight and communion, with ensemble musicians. Nursery and childcare will be provided. The 9 p.m. service will feature carols, communion and choir. Nursery and childcare will not be provided.
On Sunday, Dec. 26, one worship service will be held at 10:30 a.m. All services will be held at 225 Robinson Rd. in the church sanctuary. For more information, call 770-487-6499
• Prince of Peace Lutheran will offer three Christmas Eve Candlelight Services, on Friday, Dec. 24. A live Nativity will be presented in the Life Center At 4 p.m. This is a less formal, family-friendly service with live animals, featuring Earl the camel and his friends. Traditional services will be held at 7, 9, and 11 p.m. in the sanctuary with pipe organ, special music and Holy Communion. The church is on Ga. Highway 314 in Fayetteville, between Lowe’s and The Pavilion. For more information, call 770-461-3403, or visit www.princeofpeacefayette.com. Justin Kollmeyer is pastor.
• Providence UMC will offer three different Christmas Eve services with nursery provided for all services in the Children?s Building. The 4 p.m. Family Service includes a living Nativity. Children should dress as a cow, sheep, donkey, wise man, angel or shepherd and will be invited on stage during the service. Some costumes will be available for children who do not have one.
The 6 p.m. Contemporary Service includes newer versions of favorite Christmas hymns, video clips, a gospel trio, soloist, contemporary Christian music, a message and will end with Holy Communion and Candlelight.
The 8 p.m. Traditional Worship Service, “Candles and Carols,” is a candlelight Advent journey celebrating the traditional themes of hope, peace, joy and love, culminating in the birth of Christ. This will be an intimate, participatory experience for choir and congregation using scriptures and songs to show the journey from darkness to light.
There will be one Family Worship Service on Sunday, Dec. 26, at 10:30 a.m. All are invited to share a day of acoustic praise music and hymns. There will be no Sunday school that day, but a full nursery is provided.
Providence is at 592 Bernhard Rd. in southern Fayette County between Redwine Road and Ga. Highway 85. Go to www.provumc.com or call 770-719-8800 for info.
• Rolling Hills Baptist Church will have “Christmas by Candlelight” Friday, Dec. 24, from 6 – 6:30 p.m. at the Fayetteville Town Square. Featured will be Christmas carols at the Gazebo, reading of the Christmas story, and Silent Night sung by candlelight.
• The Southern Crescent Church will have a Christmas Eve Service at 6 p.m. The church is at 315 Dogwood Trail in Tyrone.
• St. Mary Magdalene Catholic Church in east Coweta County will celebrate three Masses on Christmas Eve: a 4 p.m. vigil Mass; a 6 p.m. Children’s Mass with nursery available; and a musical prelude at 11:30 p.m. followed by Midnight Mass at midnight.
On Saturday, Christmas Day. Masses will be celebrated at 9 and 11 a.m.
On Sunday, Dec. 26, Feast of the Holy family, Masses will be celebrated at 9 a.m. and noon.
St. Mary Magdalene is at 3 Village Rd. near the new library in the Thomas Crossroads area. For more information, visit the church web site, www.smmcatholic.org, or phone 770-253-1888.
• St. Matthew Catholic Church in north Fayette County will have three Masses on Christmas Eve. A Children’s Mass featuring the children’s choir will be celebrated at 5 p.m. A Mass in Spanish will be celebrated at 8 p.m. Lessons and Carols featuring the adult choir and instrumentalists will begin at 11:30 p.m. followed by Midnight Mass at midnight.
On Saturday, Christmas Day, Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. with Cantor and Accompanist.
The New Year’s schedule includes Masses at 7 p.m. on New Year’s Eve and at 9:30 a.m. on New Year’s Day.
St. Matthew’s is at 215 Kirkley Rd. off Ga. Highway 74, north of Tyrone.
• St. Paul Lutheran Church in Peachtree City will have a Christmas Eve Candlelight Service at 6 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 24. On Saturday, Dec. 25, the church will have a Christmas Day Service with Holy Communion at 10 a.m.
On Friday, Dec. 31, a New Year’s Eve Service with Holy Communion will be held at 7 p.m.
St. Paul Lutheran Church is at 700 Ardenlee Parkway in Peachtree City. For more information, call the church office, 770-487-0339.
• The Summit Church will have a Christmas Eve service at 6 p.m. featuring Emily Shacklett as special guest vocalist and Drew Wilmesherr as praise and worship leader. The church is at 1371 Ga. Hwy. 92 South, Fayetteville. For more information, call 770-460-3335.
• Word of God Lutheran Church will have a Christmas Eve Service at 6 p.m. in the ballroom at the Wyndham-Peachtree Conference Center on Ga. Highway 54 in Peachtree City.